Subs In Trunk

laxdude3622

I have a 12w6v2 in my LS...it did rattle but I sound deadened the trunk just to clean everything up. Most of the rattles was because of the subwoofer cover on the rear deck...it was too weak and was flexing everytime the lower frequencies hit. I pulled out the sub cover and ran metal braces across it to keep it from sounding nasty.

Dynamat is way too expensive/over-rated, you could find stuff just as good/cheaper here: http://www.raamaudio.com/.

You might get some rattle from the license plate and tail lights depending on how hard you're pushing the JL. Just put about 2 layers on the back of your license plate to calm things down.

I have 2 12's Polk MOMO in mine. 1000w amp powering them. If I crank it I do get rattle throughout the car but its too much bass for my ears to take anyways. I just adjusted the amp's settings so I can really control the bass off of my stock headunit and it works great. And outside the car I don't get really any rattle unless I crank it. I first had them in there and it rattled a lot so I tightened the spare tire mount and i took out the tray and all the loose pieces in the spare tire holder and it helped out a lot. I'd buy some dynomat too but I don't have enough money to do that. I'll let you see mine sometime, it works great but its not the prettiest thing in the world. 2 $35 wal-mart sub boxes lol