Has Anyone Painted Their Sc Brake Calipers?

johns13

I like the look of red brake calipers with an open-spoke wheel. Has anyone used a product like this on their Lexus brake calipers?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint.jsp

I have an Indigo Ink SC430 so I'd love to see some pictures of a blue Lexus with the calipers painted red or blue, to help me make up my mind. Otherwise I'll have to use photoshop to see what its going to look like.

Thanks

i used the same paint on mine

it is a rebranded foliatec kit from germany sold in north america as G2

it is amazing

car has to be left to sit for 24 hour though

all the colours settle while painting to leave a clear epoxy coat on top which makes them look amazing

I like the look of red brake calipers with an open-spoke wheel.  Has anyone used a product like this on their Lexus brake calipers?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint.jsp

I have an Indigo Ink SC430 so I'd love to see some pictures of a blue Lexus with the calipers painted red or blue, to help me make up my mind.  Otherwise I'll have to use photoshop to see what its going to look like.

Thanks

[you may want to try powder coating it costs about 50.00 but you have to take the calliper apart./quote]

i put the car up on jack stands and cleaned then painted them.

after 2 hours dry time i put the wheel on it again and let it cure for 24 hours before i drove it other wise the paint gets runny and drips off

i have done a few cars with it

i used vht caliper paint. i put about for coats and still to this day they look great. no chip and wheel cleaner don't even hurt it. i did mine about 8 months ago and they still look like i did it yesterday. oh yeah make sure you clen surface real good before applying.

I've had G-2 silver on mine for 1 1/2 years now and it still looks great. If you only do two calipers at one time, just mix half the stuff. It will set up in an hour or so and you can't reuse what's mixed.

When all is done and cured, the Lexus logo stickers look real nice on calipers.

agreed bark

i personally hate the vht stuff as all customers i know with it come to me to remove it and replace with something that actually lasts and looks good

The vht spray can also show all unlevels surfaces unlike the g2 which makes a shiny smooth finish ,perfect for the caliper stickers

can;t apply the g2 over vht as it will peel off and look worse

it needs to be wire brushed off if it was properly painted meaning proper cleaning and primer coat first, which few people do.

The g2 has no primer coat as it settles in its own formula to coat and protect.

• 3 weeks later...