Did It! 2004 Lx470 Dvd Bypass

airbish

I was reviewing the electrical schematic for the OEM Pioneer (XDV-M8106) 6 CD/DVD Changer that is installed in my 2002 LX470. There is a signal (XVMUTE) that controls IC3301 (8 pin IC) that disables video out of the changer. I believe the control signal (from TX +/-) determines when to cut out the composite (COMPOUT) video signal from continuing to the display.

In order for rear aftermarket video displays to continue to show video, either the comp signal must be accessed (@pin 26 of CN3961 connector) prior to this point or the XVMUTE signal must be disabled. I plan on trying this in the next several weeks. My son is in a basketball tournament in Vegas this weekend, so maybe next weekend.

By the way, I just installed an overhead display (includes a DVD player and headphones) that displays the LX changer video only when parking brake is on (I have not bypassed XVMUTE yet). For rear seat viewing only, the DVD can be played on its own player and sound is transmitted thru FM signal to LX radio.

• 1 year later...

This looks to be the information for Gen 4 DVD Navigation systems 2004-2006. The information comes from a wiring diagram for a 2004 Land Cruiser. I haven't pulled my Nav out yet to confirm in my 2006 LX470.

The two wires are in connector M5 in the top row of connectors passenger side of Nav unit as it sits in the dash.

The parking brake wire is red w/ a white stripe at pin 16

The VSS wire is violet at pin 25

Gen 4 DVD Bypass.pdf

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys,

I did and it works on my LX-470 2006 Mark Levinson.

In my case are 3 connectors, the wire red w/ a white stripe at pin 16 was easy to identify, but the "violet" wire, is not violet, in my case is between pin and light brown, but i identified it with the pin number "25".

Thanks again.

• 3 years later...

Just follow these instructions, and NO NEED TO PURCHASE SEPERATE EQUIPMENT. I just did it for my parents 2005 LX470. Took me about an hour going real slow and taking lotsa care smile.gif

Carefully remove the center dash display cover panel (black or wood grain) from the multi display/radio (use the rounded end of a bottle opener or thin metal putty knife to pry it gradually and gently or you will break one of the 8 locating clips) Start at the bottom of the 8-clip radio bezel and work your way up the sides and finally the top. Unplug the clock connector at the bottom and set the cover aside. Now remove the air ducts by pulling at the bottom tab of each vent unit. Remove the nav/radio system as a whole by removing 4 silver phillips/hex head screws. The connector of interest is in the group of connectors located along the highest point at the top of the nav system. This is a group of 2 white connectors. The specific connector is the first on the RIGHT when viewed from the FRONT side of the nav screen - this makes it FIRST ON THE LEFT when viewed from the REAR side of the nav unit. Each wire in the bundle is marked with dots of paint(kinda' brown in color)so ignore these dots. The red/white wire is easy to spot. The violet wire doesn't have any stripe on it but it does have the dots. There are two wires that may appear "violet without a stripe" in the bundle. The one you DON'T want is twisted loosely together with a blue wire, and is actually more like pink. The one you DO want is by itself in the bundle. Locate VIOLET wire, cut it about 2 inches from connector and tape off the two cut ends. (This eliminates the speed signal turning off the video) Next locate RED/WHITE wire in same connector and also cut it BUT leave about 4 or 5 inches or so of wire remaining at the connector side. NEXT strip ½ inch of this red/white wire going into display and ground it to anything metal. I used the metal bracket that the display screws to. (This simulates the ground signal from the emergency brake lever on position)IMPORTANT!! Ground the portion of the red and white wire that is still connected to the multi display NOT the end that disappears into vehicles wire harness (that wire just tape up and leave) Reinstall multi display with 4 screws carefully guiding all the wires back into the recess. Re-attach the clock connector and then the front cover, reset clock and enjoy (CAREFULLY) video on the move.

I would attach pictures, but they are too big. If you would like me to email pictured of where the wires are or the vents or bezel, PM me.

hi there thanks for your post. i have 2003 lx470 i am trying to do it can you send me picture pls my email is b_tuvshinjargal@yahoo.com thanks :)

Hi Dear i have 2003 lx470 i am following your direction but it wont work my DVD is not workin so i connected back 2 wire. Pls send me picture or video. Thanks. My email is b_tuvshinjargal@yahoo.com.