Replacing 120 Amp Fuse

I have a 2000 GS300. The main 120AMP fuse got blown becaue a friend of mine cross jumpered the battey as he was trying to intsall a new battery. The problem now is that the 120A fuse is stuck and won't come out.

Is these a special procedure to take this fuse out.? The fuse is located in the long fuse box in the engine compartment and is labelled ALT . Its a cartridge type fuse and has a clear window on the top . Any help will be appreciated..

I'm sure it just pulls out (do you have a new one? That should confirm it is just a pull out type), very tight fit though and it may have welded itself to the contacts.

BE CAREFUL ON MY TOYOTA COROLLA 2001 THAT I USED TO HAVE IT HAD SCREWS HOLDING THE WIRES TO THE FUSE, IT WAS A 100 amp fuse.:pirate: Go buy a new fuse so you can see if it is a blade type or has screw holes.

I'm sure it just pulls out (do you have a new one? That should confirm it is just a pull out type), very tight fit though and it may have welded itself to the contacts.

Yes, I did buy a new one and it is the pull up type but somehow I still can not get the old one out. I even tried using a needle nose plier. I think you might be right , it might have welded itself to the contacts or with the plastic . If that is the case, any other suggestions? I really dont't want to force it out as it might demage something else.

• 17 years later...

8 and 10mm hiding below holding the fuse in, pull battery out, I just cut a wedge out of the fuse box on both sides to access, then glued pieces of plastic to close it back up, pulling the fuse box apart is a pita, this was easy.

Edited by Kev1911
word