Dimming Of Navigation Screen

LexusBoston

My 2002 RX300 navigation screen suddenly dropped down in brightness.

I know about the dash dimmer and the brightness and contrast controls - it is not either of those. I took the car to the dealer and they did not have another vehicle to compare it to - both the service person and the sales person thought it looked okay after the brightness and contrast were put to their extreme settings. I am frustrated by this, since I use the nav everyday and it really irritates me to have a darker image. Anyone know how to address this? I called Lexus headquarters and they told me to just bring the car to another dealership, but that there is no way to measure the brightness as a diagnostic.

Here's pictures from my RX300. After doing this, it might solve your problem

image01.jpg

First press the MENU button on the NAV

image02.jpg

Then Press the SETUP

image03.jpg

Scroll down and you should see something like this, change MAP COLOR and see which one suits you best. Remember to Press OK to save the changes

Good Luck

- Robert

Here's pictures from my RX300.  After doing this, it might solve your problem

image01.jpg

image02.jpg

Then Press the SETUP

image03.jpg

Scroll down and you should see something like this, change MAP COLOR and see which one suits you best. Remember to Press OK to save the changes

Good Luck

- Robert

Wow! I can not believe you took the trouble to take pictures. That was so nice.

I do not have that same system. My "MENU" screen does not have those same options. I will show it to the dealer though. My map version is 2001 v, but I don't think that would be the reason for the menu differences.

Once again, that was so nice of you, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into a similar issue last week.. the screen was dark(unreadable)... in the morning.

All the settings in MENU were Auto. I hadn't changed anything the night before.

After a few minutes of trying... I changed the HEADLIGHT KNOB to 'AUTO'. I had switched that off.. and this screen switched to the 'Day' mode.. and was the usual brightness.

I was surprised.. what all was driven by the 'Auto' setting of the headlight knob.

hope urs was something simple like that.

mine's a 2001 RX300.

• 17 years later...
On 12/17/2004 at 10:31 AM, rl9905 said:

Here's pictures from my RX300. After doing this, it might solve your problem

http://members.aol.com/rlrx300/12-17-04nav/image01.jpg

http://members.aol.com/rlrx300/12-17-04nav/image02.jpg

Then Press the SETUP

http://members.aol.com/rlrx300/12-17-04nav/image03.jpg

Good Luck

- Robert

I am having the same issues with my 2002 RX 300 dashboard not bright or not showing sometimes unless I restart my engine, I wanted to use your picture description solution but the pictures are not coming up can you help me with that I would really appreciate it