Dealer Made "wrong" Contract

lexus-wang

I got my GX470 around 8/2004. My dealer comes back last week after the contract was closed for three months. They declared that there is an accounting mistake on the original contract. I have to pay them extra $1400.

As normal, I always try to be a nice person and ask them to draft another correct contract. They refused to make another contract for me and insisted that I have to pay the extra money with ONLY a personal letter from GM of the dealer .

Any help and advice,

Thanks,

HW

If you signed a contract and it's been three months then I say it's their loss. If they made a mistake then they should take the loss or start the deal over and give you a brand new vehicle. I'm certain they will not do that because you vehicle will have to be sold as an used vehicle. Besides that, the money has already changed hands from the lending institution so the deal is over anyway, especially if you paid cash. Their loss. They'll make it up on the next sale.

If you signed a contract and it's been three months then I say it's their loss.  If they made a mistake then they should take the loss or start the deal over and give you a brand new vehicle.  I'm certain they will not do that because you vehicle will have to be sold as an used vehicle.  Besides that, the money has already changed hands from the lending institution so the deal is over anyway, especially if you paid cash.  Their loss.  They'll make it up on the next sale.

Thanks for the reply. This is a cash deal. All paper work is done and clean. I would love to get my money back and return their truck. Thanks.

Can you see the $1400 mistake in your original contract?

They will more than make that up from you when you need to buy parts or have service work done.

Give them the option of returning all paid money to you & you will return the truck.

This dealer has made too many mistakes on my contract. I have signed the same contract five times. The first three contracts were filled in with wrong VID. Then next one was missing some account information. On the last contract, I could not see any problem. Now, they come back again. Thanks for your suggestion.

Total BS. Threaten to retain a lawyer.

Or better yet, go see one and send them a letter saying that you have retained an attorney for this matter and all further correspondance should be sent to them. That will shut em up real quick.

Made a mistake in a 3 month old contract and they want money, thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Call 1-800-25-LEXUS and clue them in about these crooks. A contract is binding, they can't just say "oops we messed up, pay us". Maybe you messed up too and they should pay you...

I got my GX470 around 8/2004. My dealer comes back last week after the contract was closed for three months. They declared that there is an accounting mistake on the original contract. I have to pay them extra $1400.

As normal, I always try to be a nice person and ask them to draft another correct contract. They refused to make another contract for me and insisted that I have to pay the extra money with ONLY a personal letter from GM of the dealer .

Any help and advice,

Thanks,

HW

More news about the scam:

1. GM of the dealer sends me three copies of contracts that included the final one. From the paper, they did double credit my trade-in (total $1400) twice among all those paper works. In another words, they did give me more credit.

2. I have checked the contracts very carefully with my accountant. We found there are two places that the dealer over charged me when they correct the mistake on the contracts. The over charges are about $550 and $1200. Total amount of over charge is about $1750.

3. I called back to GM of the dealer and try to make an appointment to get MY money back. He is busy for next a few days.

HW

Total BS. Threaten to retain a lawyer.

Or better yet, go see one and send them a letter saying that you have retained an attorney for this matter and all further correspondance should be sent to them. That will shut em up real quick.

Made a mistake in a 3 month old contract and they want money, thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Call 1-800-25-LEXUS and clue them in about these crooks. A contract is binding, they can't just say "oops we messed up, pay us". Maybe you messed up too and they should pay you...

I did call "The Lexus Customer Assistance Center 1-800-255-3987, prompt #4". They have responded to me by saying the contract is signed with local dealer. Lexus has nothing to do with any business behave of the local dealer. Only thing the Lexus can do is to pass my words to the local dealer. That is all.

Any help and advice,

Thanks,

HW

1. GM of the dealer sends me three copies of contracts that included the final one. From the paper, they did double credit my trade-in (total $1400) twice among all those paper works. In another words, they did give me more credit.

2. I have checked the contracts very carefully with my accountant. We found there are two places that the dealer over charged me when they correct the mistake on the contracts. The over charges are about $550 and $1200. Total amount of over charge is about $1750.

3. I called back to GM of the dealer and try to make an appointment to get MY money back. He is busy for next a few days.

HW

Whole deal sounds very shady to me. Several contracts ,over chargers & then they want more money after 3 months. I would ask for a sit down with the owner the hell with the GM. The GM should have been involve after the first screw up.In addition call Lexus costumer support corporate. Third report this to your BBB & your states attorney general. In addition is might be a good idea to let the owner know about your postings on this web sight it will help to persuade him to do the Right Thing

Any help and advice,

Thanks,

HW

HW

Whole deal sounds very shady to me. Several contracts ,over chargers & then they want more money after 3 months. I would ask for a sit down with the owner the hell with the GM. The GM should have been involve after the first screw up.In addition call Lexus costumer support corporate. Third report this to your BBB & your states attorney general

A perfect ideas.

1. Repot to Lexus Customer Center - Done. Lexus can not do anything except passing messages.

2. Make appintment with owner who happened to be father of GM - Maybe later.

3. Report to BBS and Attorney general. Great! I am doing it now.

Thanks.

Even if they did double credit you for the $1400, thats tough woo-hees on their part. They messed up, you can't just renig on a contract 3 months later because there was an error made in its drafting. If thats the case, then you can renig on it now and the whole deal is dissolved and you should get a refund. Thats total BS, I'm shocked the dealership GM would be stupid enough to try to get away with such a shady ploy with a customer who has the smarts enough to be able to afford a $50,000 vehicle. He needs to fire whoever drafted that contract and see it as a $1400 lesson. He's responsible for the mistakes of his employees, not you.

The truth is, they'd have to pry that money from my cold, dead hands. You signed a contract which is legally binding on both parties. If you overpaid them, try to get your money back. I would assume it would be quite difficult.

Auto dealers build profit into every segment of the auto buying/leasing process. The minimum profit from the average Lexus sale is supposed to be ~$3K. So they made only $1600 from you. I feel bad for them.... not. They'll have plentyof time to recoup it on the service.

Any help and advice,

Thanks,

HW

• 2 weeks later...

Did the dealer back off on trying to get more money out of you?  For them to screw up the contracts repeatly, and three months later tell you to pay more money is terrible on their part.  Lame brains....:chairshot:

They did not loss any money from the deal. After I reviewed the contracts, I pointed out that they did not refund me the fee of Low Jack that I did cancel it before I got my car. The price is about the same. In my hands, I have got a letter of GM of the dealer to ask me to pay the extra fee. GM was calling me every day. But now, they are silent.

What's the name of the dealer?

Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont

(510) 657-6600

43690 Auto Mall Cir

Fremont, CA 94538

Who wrote up the contract? Was it Ron the fast talking accountant?

I got mine from Magnussen as well and having had any problem. I am about to suggest a friend to buy a RX from them in the next week or so. Maybe he should be careful.

Not sure if the GM is the same as the owner. I recall this is a family run dealership so may be you can talk directly to Bo Mangussen so he know the mistake his employees make. I would think he cares more about his business.

:unsure:

Well, it will be interesting to see how this all falls out. I am on my third vehicle from Magnussen Lexus and couldn't be more pleased with the sales staff and service department. Referred one person to Magnussen, who is now the very happy owner of a 2004 RX330. I was really surprised to hear that lexus-wang's problems turned out to be with this dealership.

What's the name of the dealer?

Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont

(510) 657-6600

43690 Auto Mall Cir

Fremont, CA 94538

Who wrote up the contract? Was it Ron the fast talking accountant?

I got mine from Magnussen as well and having had any problem. I am about to suggest a friend to buy a RX from them in the next week or so. Maybe he should be careful.

Not sure if the GM is the same as the owner. I recall this is a family run dealership so may be you can talk directly to Bo Mangussen so he know the mistake his employees make. I would think he cares more about his business.

You are right on both. That is all I can tell in public.

:unsure:

Well, it will be interesting to see how this all falls out.  I am on my third vehicle from Magnussen Lexus and couldn't be more pleased with the sales staff and service department.  Referred one person to Magnussen, who is now the very happy owner of a 2004 RX330.  I was really surprised to hear that lexus-wang's problems turned out to be with this dealership.

I have no problem with my sales lady at all. Actually, I have recommended one of my friendsto her. My friend made a deal (same GX470) even before mine.

Now, I do not want to recommend anybody to this dealership. They own me an apology!

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you got all of this worked out. Once you sign the contract and drive off, that's it. If you pulled off the lot and got T-Boned, do you think that they'd take back the vehicle and give you a new one?!?!

My wife grew up in Fremont, no disrespect, but this isn't hard to believe coming from that town.