Front License Plate Holder

jgr7

Could someone with a 2000 tell me if these parts no 16 and 15 in the picture in this link are what I need to mount my license plate. I didn't have the holder and the cheapo frame holder that came with the car came off when my wife went through the car wash. The dealer told my wife $50 for the plate holder.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...=16&catalogid=2

Thanks Jeff

I agree that having no lisence plate in the front makes the car looks nicer. But here in california, it is required to have lisence plate both front and back. If not there's a fine for it.

I lost my lisence plate one time and i had to get a new lisence plate and buy a new lisence plate frame. I bought it for $35 at Lexus of Westminter which i think is still a lot, but 50 bucks at your dealership is wayyyy to much... You can go on ebay and search for one a lot cheaper.

What i'm looking for is not a frame but the holder that lets the frame sit against the bumper flat. The bumper on the 2000 is not flat in the center and with just a frame the plate has a gap behind it, or if you tighten it down tight it bends the plate. This holder or spacer goes between the plate and the bumper.

Jeff

That is not the part you need. I live in Texas and was looking for the bracket also. I went to the newlexusparts.com site and found the same part (#16) you are looking at. I called the dealership (Park Place Plano) and they said that the part I needed would cost $45.00. So, (after 3 warnings from our highway patrol) I made the trip and bought one. But I read where the part actually costs the dealership $12.00....so that part I (and you) found online is not the bracket we need for sure....but it sure does look like it on the web site (which is why I called the dealership).

• 2 years later...

I agree that having no lisence plate in the front makes the car looks nicer. But here in california, it is required to have lisence plate both front and back. If not there's a fine for it.

I lost my lisence plate one time and i had to get a new lisence plate and buy a new lisence plate frame. I bought it for $35 at Lexus of Westminter which i think is still a lot, but 50 bucks at your dealership is wayyyy to much... You can go on ebay and search for one a lot cheaper.

The fine for no front plate in CA? Appx $25.

The fine for running a red light, monitered by intersection cameras? Appx $351.

The camera needs to see the front plate. YOU do the math, regarding how many front plate fines it takes to pay off that red light ticket (the missing plate is a fix it ticket, and unlike the red light ticket, won't effect your auto insurance). :^)