Dealer Installed Dvd Help

sfuad

We recently bought a 2004 LX 470. The DVd was installed by the dealership and not by the company itself. In the company installed DVD, you can watch DVD in the front while you are parked and also you can view Navigation on the rear screen. But I cant do either of them. I am really interested in transmitting navigation to rear screen. I need help on how to do it. Also do these (the one in which the DVD was not installed at factory) have been prewired so that if DVd is installed later on , you just hook on the connector or we have to run a fresh wire from the head unit to the rear DVD.

Its a mark levinson navigation / audio with blue tooth

Thanks in advance for the help

Hmm.. I'm a little confused on a couple things...

Are you in the US? The CD changer that comes with the Mark Levinson package IS a DVD changer and that you should be able to play a DVD (while parked, unless bypassed). I don't have the factory rear-entertainment system (RES) in my 2004, so I can't comment on anything regarding it, but I know you should be able to watch in front (parked).

As far as the rear...if it's not factory and has an aftermarket rear dvd/screen package, it's going to be tough to get the navigation screen back there. (I suppose there HAS to be a nav video out somewhere if the factory system can in fact do it, but getting wiring diagrams on these things appears to be more difficult than getting plans for an F-15, so I don't know..)

I am working on getting video split out from the front ML DVD changer to my aftermarket (vizualogic headrest) rear screens. I haven't yet been able to track down a wiring diagram so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off or not. Personally, I'm not too bent on having nav back there... I figure if someone wants a quick look to see how far we have to go they can peek around the headrest for a sec. (But then my kids aren't old enough to ask "are we there yet" 100 times an hour, so maybe I'll reconsider that in a couple years.)

If you actually don't have a factory DVD changer (do you have a CD player at all?..this still doesn't make sense to me), I'm sure the harness is there, but then you would have to try to track down a way to get the video split out from that (like I'm trying to do), or just use the aftermarket DVD player/changer like you have now. For what it's worth, the factory RES system uses a second player/changer and is set up pretty similar to an aftermarket system.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

AirBish

We recently bought a 2004 LX 470. The DVd was installed by the dealership and not by the company itself. In the company installed DVD, you can watch DVD in the front while you are parked and also you can view Navigation on the rear screen. But I cant do either of them. I am really interested in transmitting navigation to rear screen. I need help on how to do it. Also do these (the one in which the DVD was not  installed at factory) have been prewired so that if DVd is installed later on , you just hook on the connector or we have to run a fresh wire from the head unit to the rear DVD.

Its a mark levinson navigation / audio with blue tooth

Thanks in advance for the help

Thanks for ur help.I am in detroit. yes we can get the DVd from changer, but can not get that from RES like in factory installed. Also we are more interested in getting that nav to back screen as kids are more intersted in nav than DVD.

I was wondering that wire might be there (there might be a wiring harness which at one side is conneted to head unit of nav system and other side connected to RES). If that is the case, all we have to do is to connect them.......