Puttung A Chevy 350 Ina Sc400

terp62

It may seem like sacrilige to ditch the toyota V8 for a chevy, but you could probably get just as much HP out of the 350 for half the cost in the 2J or 1UZ. Turbos are the replacement for displacement and you could slap em on either the 2j or 1uz, but then the cost goes up. You can find a 350 used alot less than a 2j since they practically fall from the skies. V8 to V8 theres no comparison in performance for dollar between the two, but 350 to 2j would be different. Only advantage that i could really see would be ease of installation for the 350. How much engine management/tuning/re-wiring will a pushrod v8 need in comparison to a high HP 2j?

Has anyone ever heard of someone swapping out a sc400 and putting in a Chevy 350. I love the Lexus body style but lets face it, you can get a lot more power from a 350. Just a thought.

to my knowledge... no. however, i know of an ls1 thats going into an e36. :D

if i were to go with a 350, itd have to be an ls1. lt1 honestly cant compare and the ls6 is too rare. if you were to swap in an ls1, you could supercharge it and do some other little tinkerings for under $10k in parts and then youre making ~600hp and ~700tq. sounds like the smart thing to do if you REALLY want good bang per buck. btw, a 600hp&tq supercharged 5.7l chevy v8 would be about 10x more streetable/daily driveable than a 600hp&tq turboed 2jz.

Has anyone ever heard of someone swapping out a sc400 and putting in a Chevy 350. I love the Lexus body style but lets face it, you can get a lot more power from a 350. Just a thought.

to my knowledge... no. however, i know of an ls1 thats going into an e36. :D

if i were to go with a 350, itd have to be an ls1. lt1 honestly cant compare and the ls6 is too rare. if you were to swap in an ls1, you could supercharge it and do some other little tinkerings for under $10k in parts and then youre making ~600hp and ~700tq. sounds like the smart thing to do if you REALLY want good bang per buck. btw, a 600hp&tq supercharged 5.7l chevy v8 would be about 10x more streetable/daily driveable than a 600hp&tq turboed 2jz.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sc300tt3/SW-SC300T.wmv

Why go 350 when you can have this.

It may seem like sacrilige to ditch the toyota V8 for a chevy, but you could probably get just as much HP out of the 350 for half the cost in the 2J or 1UZ.  Turbos are the replacement for displacement and you could slap em on either the 2j or 1uz, but then the cost goes up.  You can find a 350 used alot less than a 2j since they practically fall from the skies.  V8 to V8 theres no comparison in performance for dollar between the two, but 350 to 2j would be different.  Only advantage that i could really see would be ease of installation for the 350.  How much engine management/tuning/re-wiring will a pushrod v8 need in comparison to a high HP 2j?

You can't really call a turbo the replacement for displacement, because there is no such thing. Forced induction on a larger motor in theory is going to make more power to a certain point. The only reason I like the idea of a 2J over a V8 is one, I don't want a pushrod motor, and two I like the powerband a lot more on a 2J than a V8. I don't want something that has 1,000 lb ft of torque and I can't get traction with. Where as I can build a 2J to have less power, be just as fast, and still drive it everyday if I wanted..

I've never seen a person with a 350 that twisted to 9 grand, had the useable powerband of a turbocharged engine, and drove it everyday. It's driveability, useability, and personality in my opinion. If I had a 1U motor, I would stroke it and supercharge it. Either that or make the room for a TT setup.

That's what we were planning to do with our 1U that we have sitting around the shop. It was a dealer warranty motor.. Heads were junk, so we bought the block.. The block only had 3,000 miles on it, we were going to finish putting it together, and drop it into a tube chasis 90-93 Celica after turbocharging the block. Something that we've always wanted to do, but never had the time or the funds to really put the motor together.

Can you imagine a small sheet metal, tube chasis Celica with a Twin Turbocharged 4 litre.. That would be a monster.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sc300tt3/SW-SC300T.wmv

Why go 350 when you can have this.

because id rather have this:

http://servinitup.com/videos/240z.mpeg

darius 240z > any sc300

hell, id even take this mr2 over that sc:

http://www.racingstrong.com/video/mr2v8-1.mpg

northstar mr2 :D

The car may be ok but the driver in the first one is dangerous. :angry:

i would take a jap v8 over any v8 except one from ferrari, but thats not the casehere. the jap v8 is far superior than anyother in the world maybe not in power but as far as quality goes its the best, theres always ways to make more power but most times the motor gets louder, name another v8 with around the same displacement that puts out about the same power, and is as quiet and smooth as the UZ motors.

i would take a jap v8 over any v8 except one from ferrari, but thats not the casehere. the jap v8 is far superior than anyother in the world maybe not in power but as far as quality goes its the best, theres always ways to make more power but most times the motor gets louder, name another v8 with around the same displacement that puts out about the same power, and is as quiet and smooth as the UZ motors.

mmm... more narrowmindedness! :wacko:

btw, i HIGHLY doubt anybody whos wanting to swap a sbc into a uzz30 gives a rats !Removed! about sound. if anything, they want it to be loud and proud. see, heres the thing: people do engine swaps for more power, not to make their car quieter.