Bluetooth Phones

Bronsteen

So far the Treo 650 is having many problems with Bluetooth - check out any of the Treo user groups.

Lexus is only certifying a select few phones to work with the Lexus implementation of Bluetooth - and so far that doesn't include the Treo. For example, with Sprint there is only 1 phone nationally that is certified - the Sony T608. Try http://lexus.letstalk.com for more information on Lexus certified Bluetooth phones.

I have an LS430 and a Treo 650 and it doesn't work so far. Lexus customer service said that if it isn't on Letstalk then they can't help.

Will any Bluetooth phones work with the 2005 GX? I am most wondering about Sprint’s new Treo 650. Thanks.

Bill

I'm using a Motorola V710 and it seems to work fine with the phone. I'm not all that happy with the phone functions on the GX though. I can't get my phone's phonebook to load, because it asks me to send the phone book from the phone and I have no idea how that is accomplished. So I cant dial any numbers while the car is in motion. You can do so with the one touch button, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get that programmed. The other issue I am having is that when I receive a call, im not getting any audio indication...the screen changes and the volume on the radio is muted, but I wish there were some type of chime or bell or something to indicate a phone call.

Overall the system picks up the phone just fine though, and I otherthan the above issues, the system seems to work great!

blylek

Will any Bluetooth phones work with the 2005 GX? I am most wondering about Sprint’s new Treo 650. Thanks.

Bill

I'm using a Motorola V710 and it seems to work fine with the phone. I'm not all that happy with the phone functions on the GX though. I can't get my phone's phonebook to load, because it asks me to send the phone book from the phone and I have no idea how that is accomplished. So I cant dial any numbers while the car is in motion. You can do so with the one touch button, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get that programmed. The other issue I am having is that when I receive a call, im not getting any audio indication...the screen changes and the volume on the radio is muted, but I wish there were some type of chime or bell or something to indicate a phone call.

Overall the system picks up the phone just fine though, and I otherthan the above issues, the system seems to work great!

blylek

look for other posts the problem is with the Motorola V710 . They made the phones that way so you have to pay for extra services from them.

• 2 weeks later...

just curious, is the blutooth of the motorola v551 good (even w/o the car's bluetooth)??? I plan on getting that phone (i know this is kinda off subject) and wanna know if the bluetooth of it works great.

I am in the Cell phone industry, and I know that GSM bluetooth handsets by Motorola are all compatible. But, your Motorola handset must be capable of bluetooth. Not all are. The v551 and v600 are. Also, the new Motorola Razr is---this is the one I am using, and it works great.

Once I configured the GX and my handset (took about a minute), all I have to do is get in, turn on the ignition, and wait about 10 seconds for the nav screen to show "bluetooth connection successful". Then, all incoming calls occur via the Nav system. Nav screen usage or the buttons on the steering wheel work great.

I transferred all of my cell phonebook entries to the Lexus. It works great. Note, this was a pain since Motorola only allows you to transfer phone book entries via Bluetooth one at a time.

Note, once you are in 'motion' driving, you can only place '1-touch' calls via the Lexus. Manually entering a number and using the phonebook on the Lexus nav screen are disabled. Thus, I have to use the handset to start a manually entered number or use the phonebook---or wait till I get to a stop light. You don't have to be in park....just not in motion. I am assuming there is a hack someplace to solve this---similar to the one to enable DVD viewing on the front nav screen while in motion.

I transferred all of my cell phonebook entries to the Lexus. It works great. Note, this was a pain since Motorola only allows you to transfer phone book entries via Bluetooth one at a time.

I am trying to figure out how to transfer phone book entries via bluetooth. I realize that you cannot transfer all your contacts all at once, but how do you do it individually. I'm also using a Motorola Razr. Thanks

• 2 months later...

I had just purchased my new GX about two weeks ago. Really wanted to use the bluetooth.

I was not too worried about everything I had read about the phone, thinking that I would be able to input numbers manually. Wrong, I did not realize that they had to be transferred and that you could just not enter them.

I had bought the phone before realizing this.

But, when I bought the phone, they did do a firmware upgrade. When I get a call, my phone rings; on my phone I set it to auto-answer after 5 sec and the GX system takes over. Works perfectly.

Only problem was - I could not use one-touch or phone book to enter numbers.

BUT - good news - I have a Palm Tungstun T3 with bluetooth. For the names i wanted in my Lexus phone book, I made a separate contact list called LEXUS. I then input just the names and phone numbers of people business' I wanted.

The Lexus and my Palm connected flawlessly. All I did then was put my palms contact list category to LEXUS, menu, send, send by bluetooth. Voila, I now have my entire phone list in the Lexus.

• 1 month later...
I had just purchased my new GX about two weeks ago.  Really wanted to use the bluetooth.

I was not too worried about everything I had read about the phone, thinking that I would be able to input numbers manually.  Wrong, I did not realize that they had to be transferred and that you could just not enter them.

I had bought the phone before realizing this.

But, when I bought the phone, they did do a firmware upgrade.  When I get a call, my phone rings; on my phone I set it to auto-answer after 5 sec and the GX system takes over.  Works perfectly.

Only problem was - I could not use one-touch or phone book to enter numbers.

BUT - good news - I have a Palm Tungstun T3 with bluetooth.  For the names i wanted in my Lexus phone book, I made a separate contact list called LEXUS.  I then input just the names and phone numbers of people business' I wanted.

The Lexus and my Palm connected flawlessly.  All I did then was put my palms contact list category to LEXUS, menu, send, send by bluetooth.  Voila, I now have my entire phone list in the Lexus.

I sell Lexus vehicles via the Internet and am the proud owner of a ThunderCloud RX 330 with Nav & Bluetooth. As a current Treo 600 (T-Mobile) Smartphone user, I anticipate the arrival of a the new Treo 650, but I'm not holding my breath. After much research and trial and error, I have two solutions in one for a number of those out there seeking to upload their entire phonebook(s) into the Hands Free Link in a Lexus.

Sony Ericsson T610, T616, T630 (Unlocked), T637 (Cingular) or T68i (discontinued)!

1) Transfer your entire phonebook from your current BT or conventional cell phone to a desktop (laptop?) PIM or database app for editing. 2) Edit out all phone numbers EXCEPT the one(1) that is most critical for reaching that contact. The Lexus HFL will accept only one(1) phone number per contact record. If you leave multiple numbers in each record, the system will probably grab the wrong one or none at all. If you have another number that is important to have in the vehicle's phonebook, create a separate record with that unique number. Ie., John-Cell: 555-123-456 vs John-Home: 555-654-321. 3) Upload the newly edited phonebook database to your bought, borrowed or stolen :) Sony Ericsson BT phone (above) via Bluetooth dongle, Infra-Red (IR) or data cable. 4) Set up the phone and car to pair. Then transfer the entire phonebook in one fell swoop. If you do not have instructions to assist you with the pairing procedure, try:

http://lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/lexus/t637_bt.pdf

You can Add new individual contacts one at a time with your Motorola, Nokia, Treo or Siemans phone later. Never, ever select "Overwrite" on the Lexus setup screen or you'll wipe out the phonebook you just created.

Now you can add your new phone and have the multi-contact database to dial from on-screen. If you buy the Sony Ericsson, keep it as a backup.

Good Luck,

ContactPro

My Motorola V551 works great and was a snap to set up. Did have to input phone numers one at a time

I believe that's the phone I have. I can input numbers manually from the nav screen as well as transfer my phonebook.

the moto V551 is the flip phone with the silver strip running vertically in the middle ;)

Yes - a real pain. But, I can't seem to enter two numbers for the same person. No matter what I do, it keeps replacing the number (even if I select add and not replace.) Any idea how to add two numbers for the same person to a phone book on the Lexus systeM??? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Been trying to transfer my phone Book with a Motorola razr v3, when hit

the strart transfer it disconnect the blutooth connection. What do you do

to keep a connection

Edit I called a buddy -- tried what he said -- hit transfer -- than send on the

cell phone and it will connect again which it did.

Yes - a real pain. But, I can't seem to enter two numbers for the same person. No matter what I do, it keeps replacing the number (even if I select add and not replace.) Any idea how to add two numbers for the same person to a phone book on the Lexus systeM??? Thanks.

Only way I was able to make it work was to come up with a separate phonebook category in my phone (razr v3) and have unique names for each number - like John (Home), John (Mobile), etc.

What a pain!!

I am in the Cell phone industry, and I know that GSM bluetooth handsets by Motorola are all compatible. But, your Motorola handset must be capable of bluetooth. Not all are. The v551 and v600 are. Also, the new Motorola Razr is---this is the one I am using, and it works great.

Once I configured the GX and my handset (took about a minute), all I have to do is get in, turn on the ignition, and wait about 10 seconds for the nav screen to show "bluetooth connection successful". Then, all incoming calls occur via the Nav system. Nav screen usage or the buttons on the steering wheel work great.

Note, once you are in 'motion' driving, you can only place '1-touch' calls via the Lexus. Manually entering a number and using the phonebook on the Lexus nav screen are disabled. Thus, I have to use the handset to start a manually entered number or use the phonebook---or wait till I get to a stop light. You don't have to be in park....just not in motion. I am assuming there is a hack someplace to solve this---similar to the one to enable DVD viewing on the front nav screen while in motion.

anybody who says they can transfer a phonebook entry from a

v-710 to a 2005 Lexus is daydreaming.  It can't be done. One at a time or any number at a time.  All these prevaricators never give specifics.

leot

• 1 month later...

My cellular carrier (Alltel) does not have a phone that will send the phonebook to the GX. I purchased the Motorola V710 and it works fine for talking on the phone through the GX system. Changing carriers is not an option for me right now due to coverage limitations for the carriers with phones supported by Lexus.

I also tried using my Pocket PC HP iPAQ hx4700 with bluetooth to send phonebook entries to the Lexus, but have not found a way to make this work either.

Is there any way to manually enter into the phonebook in the GX? I have been unable to find a way to do this.

I'm using a Motorola V710 with my 2005 GX470, and it works great but not ring tone when somebody call you, just the screen shows you have an incoming call. And as others posted, I can't load my phonebook to the system. But I'm ok because I bought a kit on ebay to override the system so I can dial any numbers even when I'm driving. And somebody asked if this bluetooth system work with the nav. The answer is yes, I works with the navigation screen.

Wilmag

2005 GX470

Ash Blue Mica

Sport Package with KDSS and all other options.