Screen Protector For Nav Lcd?

GlennR

I wasn't able to find any so I ended up making one myself. I bought a screen protector for laptops and cut it down to size. You only use half of it so there's enough for two. I took the dash cover off and just made the screen protector a little larger than the screen and reinstalled everything back together. It works great and the touch screen controls works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if such a thing exists and where one could get it?  I've seen transparent protectors for computers, cell phones, etc.  Also, what do you use to clean it without damage?

I've been able to clean mine with just some warm water on a paper towel, and then drying with another paper towel. Those finger smudges do get annoying though. I was on a trip to Chicago last week, and was punching things into the navigation system constantly. When I looked at the screen the next morning, it had finger smudges all over it.

The touch screen is nice, and very intuitive to use, but the finger smudges are annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a link to a purpose built protector for the Landcruiser/LX-470:

http://strongengineering.com/miva?/Merchan...Auto+Navigation

I've ordered 4, and they fit nicely and are hardly noticeable. They are a stiff plstic film, with adhesive around the edge only. The film has a nonreflective surface that matches the factory screen perfectly. Note that the product image is wrong... These do fit the LC/LX Nav screens.

This company makes VERY nicely fitted protectors for hundreds of products. I ordered them for almost every screen I own (cell phone, digital camera, PDA, etc). The protectors for my Nikon SLR are incredible. Custom fitted to protect BOTH lcd screens, down to every detail! Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...