Sc430 Run Flat Repacements

splipp

Need to replace my SC430 run flats. Any suggestions for a better tire than OE Bridgestone Potenza? They not only ride hard, but seem harder to steer and control than thy should. I know tire wear will not b good on any brand, but would like a little smoother, quieter ride that is easier to steer and handle.

Thank you for your help.

Look at this thread for lots of info.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=565&st=0

I, personally, am going to replace my Potenza's with Pirelli P-Zero Nero's. Have read lots of good things about them. check Tirerack.com for reviews on other tires. Finally, look under SC430 on Tirerack, and see what the "best sellers" are. Always interesting.

Good Luck!

Need to replace my SC430 run flats.  Any suggestions for a better tire than OE Bridgestone Potenza?  They not only ride hard, but seem harder to steer and control than thy should.  I know tire wear will not b good on any brand, but would like a little smoother, quieter ride that is easier to steer and handle.

Thank you for your help.

Run flats will generally ride hard due to the nature of the tire with a thicker & more reinforced carcass. The Bridgestone Potenza (in any application whether it be a 'regular tire or run flat) would be the last tire I would choose as replacements. Tirerack does not have a seperate column for run flat tires, but the Dunlop's are quite popular. B)

:cheers:

• 5 months later...

I am going to replace my SC430 18" Dunlop run flats with some 17" rims and tires. I have a 1995 SC400 that rides so much smoother than my SC430, I need to do something. I was considering just replacing the run flats with some 18" Pirelli P-Zero's, but that is still a pretty low profile tire.

By my calulations, I should replace the 245/40/18's with 245/45/17's. The speedo error will be less than 1% which is great. Just to clarify, the tire pressure sensors can be removed from the stock rims and installed on the new rims, right?? I beleive they just need to be reset from the button in the glove box.

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Well, I found out it is not as easy at I hoped. Apparently it will be difficult to find 17" rims that will fit the car due to the brakes being so large. If any one has done this before, I would sure be interested.

Need to replace my SC430 run flats.  Any suggestions for a better tire than OE Bridgestone Potenza?  They not only ride hard, but seem harder to steer and control than thy should.  I know tire wear will not b good on any brand, but would like a little smoother, quieter ride that is easier to steer and handle.

Thank you for your help.

I replaced mine with Michelin Pilots. The funny part was that NTB had them cheaper than Tirerack. The car rides so much smoother now. Just get AAA just in case you get a flat..you figure the run flats get you 15k miles max while these should get about double at more than half the price.

My $.02

OK, I decided to buy some Momo 18" Twins in Silver (not the chrome) for a total of $500 + $80 for shipping. They should be here in a few days. My tires still have a little life in them, so I may not put them on until I get my new Pirelli's P-Zero's. Take a look at my cheap and dirty PhotoShop rendition of the rims on my car.

post-933-1118110578_thumb.jpg