Cabin Air Filter

I yanked the cabin air filter out this evening and the element looks absolutely disgusting. I need a new one on Monday. Any idea what these things cost, and is there an alternative to the dealer?

I expect the inside of the car will smell a lot better with a new one. Kind of a musty smell sometimes, and of course the PO was a smoker.

I yanked the cabin air filter out this evening and the element looks absolutely disgusting.  I need a new one on Monday.  Any idea what these things cost, and is there an alternative to the dealer?

I expect the inside of the car will smell a lot better with a new one.  Kind of a musty smell sometimes, and of course the PO was a smoker.

If you can cross reference to a comparable Toyota vehicle, get it from the Toyota dealer. I got one for my IS at Toyota for $20.

I bought and installed the cabin filter today. The new one is bright white, the old black. Much better air flow through the HVAC system.

The dealer is a combined Toyota-Lexus one, and the filter cost me $28.00 Can. wholesale through my company. The filter is in a Toyota box, and is part number 254-13-03C 87139-YZZ04 ( at least I think that's it!)

And the service manager came outside to see my Cinnabar red GS, and declared it was a beautiful car and that he has rarely seen that colour on any Lexus. Nice of him to mention that. As well when I said I would need a timing belt soon with 92k kilometres on the car, he said no, that it is done at 156k kilometres, and with the time factor just coming due now, I could go a year or two more perfectly safely. That saves me some money now as I pay down my line of credit!

I bought and installed the cabin filter today.  The new one is bright white, the old black.  Much better air flow through the HVAC system.

The dealer is a combined Toyota-Lexus one, and the filter cost me $28.00 Can. wholesale through my company.  The filter is in a Toyota box, and is part number 254-13-03C 87139-YZZ04 ( at least I think that's it!)

That's cool. By the time you buy a filter online and pay shipping it's going to cost at least that.

• 6 months later...

I had a look at my cabin air filter and it was very dirty. Definitely in need of replacement as it was probably original equipment.

Contacted a Lexus dealer - gave me part # 87139 - 50010 - and was quoted $60 CAN + taxes for this filter.

Contacted my local Toyota dealer and they had a Lexus filter sitting on their shelves - part #87139 - YZZ04. I went in with the old filter and this one fit just fine. Cost to me was $33 CAN + taxes.

Nothing against OEM Lexus parts, but this cross-referencing of equivalent Toyota parts is certainly a nice cost savings if you can figure it out.

I had a look at my cabin air filter and it was very dirty.  Definitely in need of replacement as it was probably original equipment.

Contacted a Lexus dealer - gave me part # 87139 - 50010 - and was quoted $60 CAN + taxes for this filter.

Contacted my local Toyota dealer and they had a Lexus filter sitting on their shelves - part #87139 - YZZ04.  I went in with the old filter and this one fit just fine.  Cost to me was $33 CAN + taxes.

Nothing against OEM Lexus parts, but this cross-referencing of equivalent Toyota parts is certainly a nice cost savings if you can figure it out.

i just bought the denso/OEM cabin filter replacement as well as a k&n drop in for my gs400 and the total with UPS came to $50. not the worst deal in the world i guess.

hey guys just thought id give an update if anyone was still looking for the filter or a decent place to get it. i ordered mine yesturday afternoon, payed NO additional shipping, and the cabin filter showed up this morning. impressive service.

the part number is 453-1010 DENSO cabin air filter. oem part, i just threw it in fits perfectly. the old one was FILTHY. autopartswarehouse dot com.

hey guys just thought id give an update if anyone was still looking for the filter or a decent place to get it. i ordered mine yesturday afternoon, payed NO additional shipping, and the cabin filter showed up this morning. impressive service.

the part number is 453-1010 DENSO cabin air filter. oem part, i just threw it in fits perfectly. the old one was FILTHY. autopartswarehouse dot com.

I've ordered from them before, the free shipping is nice also so are their prices. <_<

I've ordered from them before, the free shipping is nice also so are their prices. <_<

yeah it wasnt that bad, close to the same as every where else, still waiting for the k&n drop in to show up, tomorrow i think. also just installed goodrich stainless lines and some new ceramic pads, my brakes were shot too.

Where is the filter on an 01 430?

Open the glove compartment. In the very back, behind the door is panel that pops off. The filter unit is behind that panel. I got mine from Sewell for about $30.00

Good Luck

Bill