Who Has The Most Miles On Their Rx300?

trout

we have a 2000 rx and are up to about 63k miles with no troubles yet.

Just had the 60k service done and they said everything looks great. We are hoping to get many many more miles out of it. My wife loves it and plans on keeping a long time.

I will getting a brake job on it soon. Other than that it seems to be pretty tight.

I also saw something on here about resetting the PCM...is this something that i should do every so often?

When it is cold it seems to pop into gear pretty hard from R to D when backing out of the driveway and it has the occasional front end pop (struts or something?) but seems to perform well.

My 2000 RX300 has reached 81K with no brake job yet. I think it'll be time with the next service. Amazing! The serviceman teased me: "Are you sure you stop at red lights?" But then I never slam on the brakes at the last minute either when approaching a stop sign. Very pleased with this vehicle!!

I have 109k miles with three transmissions, One set of brakes at 85k miles, timing belt and waterpump at 101k, third set of tires. Two new front shocks and shock mounts. new driver door latch assembly. and new battery about a month ago. thankyu all for your helpful info on the clock loosing time. This on a 1999 Lexus RX300

I have 109k miles with three transmissions, One set of brakes at 85k miles, timing belt and waterpump at 101k, third set of tires.  Two new front shocks and shock mounts.  new driver door latch assembly. and new battery about a month ago.  thankyu all for your helpful info on the clock loosing time.  This on a 1999 Lexus RX300

three trannys??? yikes! do you know if the tranny problems have been in mostly the awd rx's?

so far mine has been ok, it a 2wd.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 71K on my 2000 model. Runs great. Only thing I've ever done is regular filter oil, transmission fluid change, tire rotation, wheel alignment, put regular unleaded gas, and wash it twice a month. I haven't change the brakes or tune it up yet. The mileage is mainly freeway miles. It still run like it was new.

David

2000 rx300 with 115k miles, no major repairs nor damages!

1. timing belt replaced @ 100k miles

2. brakes replaced @ 80K+ miles (40% left on pads)

3. airfilter

4. 3 transmission fluid changes, no transmission problems...

RX is great!! don't you just love quality built vehicles!!!! :cheers:

• 14 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

290,045 as of this morning, still runs great HOWEVER, replace the Transmission Fluid, pull out the metal screen, clean and put it back together @ 15K intervals, same with oil, 3K intervals.... Everything else by the book.... Purchased my '99 RX300 new, looking through my spreadsheet, throughout ownership, total costs to maintain, parts, etc. = $28, 334. 

• 1 month later...