Doing A Supra Tt Susp. Swap On My Sc Any Tips?

SC330

I have a 92 SC300 and I am getting ready to put on new Struts and Springs off a 94 tt. My car is making a sqeeking noise whenever Im going over bumps or a speed bumps, so I figured putting new shocks on might help. I was wondering if anyone out there has any tips or suggestions for me that might help while I'm doing this? From what I see everything is original. Is there any parts you guys would recommend replacing while I have the whole thing apart? And also are there any common problems with the SC's that I might want to check out while I am under there?

If anyone could help me out that would be a major help.

Shanequa86@aol.com

Here a link to pics of my car.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/679809

I'll post updated pics when I'm finished.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

Well, while youre down there you may as well replace the bushings for the sway bars(front and rear). Thats where that sqeaking is most likely coming from. The struts usually will make a hollow rattling noise when you go over bumps at speed, but not speed bumps.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll deffinently do those things while I've got it all apart. Do you know how hard it is to change those bushings or what tools you need? Anything else anyone wants to add...my ears are open.

THANKS AGAIN :D

Thanks for the help guys. I'll deffinently do those things while I've got it all apart. Do you know how hard it is to change those bushings or what tools you need? Anything else anyone wants to add...my ears are open.

THANKS AGAIN :D

Bushings about cover it. You'll need a press to get them out and in. Umm. I did a tutorial on the suspension install on another forum. I've got Supra Coilovers in my SC. Might help you, might not.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...threadid=126977

Mike

• 7 months later...

I couldn't get a reply from the other post so hopefully I can get a response on this one before I post a new thread.

I need to know for sure, 100% confirmation that aftermarket Supra struts will indeed fit onto a 91-00 SC.

Secondly, if I purchased Eibach Pro-Kit springs for the NA Supra, would the springs work on the front OEM SC struts? (I've read it will not work on the rear, hence the need to buy Supra struts).

I'm planning on buying the Eibach Pro-Kit springs for the Supra and KYB AGX rear struts ONLY for the Supra and installing them onto my SC. Would this work? Thanks who ever can answer this. I really want to get my car dropped ASAP. I've been rolling with a 2-3 inch fender gap since I put my 18" on.

well if you already have supra springs then just get supra struts. the suspension arms are all the same so the mounting will fit.

I know it's not recommended, but do I have to get the supra's front struts also? I know the supra's REAR springs wont fit onto the SC struts due to the perch. I found a place selling just the rears. Thanks!