Xm Radio Install On Es300 2001

I am looking to wire my XM radio Roady 2 head unit directly into my ES300 "premium stereo". I am using the FM modulator now and I'm not really too happy with the result. I do not want to use the cassette adaptor either.

I figure that I can tap into my CD changer input/output and add a hookup for my XM through that. I would like to find the male and female wiring harness plugs that connect the CD changer to the radio head unit and build a switch so I can switch between the two outputs.

Does anyone know the part number for both sides of the harness? Also, where is a good place to get them?

Thanks,

Barry

I am looking to wire my XM radio Roady 2 head unit directly into my ES300 "premium stereo".  I am using the FM modulator now and I'm not really too happy with the result.  I do not want to use the cassette adaptor either.

I figure that I can tap into my CD changer input/output and add a hookup for my XM through that.  I would like to find the male and female wiring harness plugs that connect the CD changer to the radio head unit and build a switch so I can switch between the two outputs.

Does anyone know the part number for both sides of the harness?  Also, where is a good place to get them?

Thanks,

Barry

the es300 headunit has 2 sets of serial communication wires and it wont recognize the xm radio tuner output. some owners with lexus navigation systems have been able to accomplish it becuase the nav system splits the lines between the nav screen and the radio head unit. so there is a plug in and play solution but just tapping the lines may not work in a non nav lexus stereo system.

• 1 month later...
I was under the impression that there were left+ left- right+ right- in addition to the serial lines running from the CD changer to the head unit.  Is this not the case?

Thanks for the help.

Barry

Barry,

I was considering your solution as I have a 98 ES300. Did you proceed successfully or did you run into the serial communication problem cited in one of the replies? General question to all, is it not possible to add a Audio Input to head unit for XM or Sirius signals?

Thanks, Mike