I Need A Mass Air Flow Maf Sensor

Sbelangia

I have a 91 Lexus LS400 and recently it started to run bad. It kinda hesitates or stumbles trying to accelerate sometimes. I pulled the instrument cluster and replaced my check engine light bulb where someone had removed it. I'm getting code 24 which is an open or short in the intake air temp sensor circuit. The Air intake is built into the MAF sensor. I know alot of Hondas and Acuras are using the MAF sensor for their engine mods. Does anyone know where I can purchase one besides the Lexus dealer? I dont want to have to pay the 750 dollars or whateer it is. Thanks

months ago someone made a post about finding an adjustment screw on the mass airflow sensor and he supposedly just tweaked the adjustment and it supposeldy cured his fail codes and corrected a roung running engine. The adjustment may have been sealed over and not readily apparent. I don't know if it is for real but I would certainly be checking it out before buying a replacement mass airflow sensor. I don't know if a search would find the old post or not, it was made before the rework on the website.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. My Lexus Dealer quoted $1,067 plus tax for the Mass Air Flow Sensor, I found one at an Auto Salvage yard for $150. You might want to try there or on Ebay. I haven't put it in yet, but I'll let you know the results.

You -can- test the air temp sensor before replacing the whole MAF.

Turn the ignition switch to "On". Disconnect the sensor harness and test the resistance between the two prongs on the farthest right (the slot that guides the sensor harnes in should be at the top). Depending on the outside air temp, you should see resistance in the 1-3 kilo-ohm range (is that the right way to spell it?).

Jacksonville is at 68F right now per weather.com, so you should see resistance of 2 kOhms at that temp. As the temp falls, the resistance will rise. It should be 3 kOhms at 32F.

• 2 weeks later...

So I caught one of ebay for $76 if you can believe that and now im getting a EGR system code but it runs a lot better.... I wasn't goig to get the Ebay one because recently Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts are carrying remanufactured ones.

They are $300 dollars--- still alot but not as much as the dealer.... Thanks for the help and info guys

months ago someone made a post about finding an adjustment screw on the mass airflow sensor and he supposedly just tweaked the adjustment and it supposeldy cured his fail codes and corrected a roung running engine.  The adjustment may have been sealed over and not readily apparent.  I don't know if it is for real but I would certainly be checking it out before buying a replacement mass airflow sensor.  I don't know if a search would find the old post or  not, it was made before the rework on the website.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=4518&hl=