New Sc430 Owner ; Now What Mods To Do ?

HIGH_HEAT

Hello everyone,

i just came home this past weekend with my wonderful bran new Sc430. I have been and still am a long time bmw owner. My 330ci (supercharged) is still my joy, but with this new addition to the family i am wondering what can i do Mod wise to the SC?? I am a noobie with these types of cars, basically anything outside of my bmw .. hehe

can anyone help me out

like can i get a CAI / ECU/ SC ... anything like that

thanks !

sc430001.jpg

sc430002.jpg

sc430004.jpg

sorry to say but there is not alot of power mods for the SC430. There are a few custom turbos out there pumping over 700hp and tq and they are FAST as hell, lookin into low 11s high 10s. for suspension you can get Tein, they are considered the best for fine tuning with sport/luxury. You can get a brembo brake upgrade. There is a Blitz full cat back exhaust, but if you get a custom turbo you might as well go custom exhaust. Blitz,Injen, and Weapon R make an intake (i suggest weapon R), NOS.

there are only a few good body kits out for it..

img_1.jpg

the auto-couture

01.jpg

Junction produce (that 2-tone is ugly, but its to show the kit)

OK real world, here are the absolutely necessary mods to do to your ride.

1. Have a good invisible bra such as 3M put on asap. The SC430 is known for picking up hood and front end chips. You will be happy you put it on. (400-600 dollars)

2. Get a set of clear front mat covers. They totally enclose the mat, keep it clean, and free of mud, etc. (60 dollars)

3. Get a set of magnetic door protectors. Park in the North 40. Have nots love to ding your doors. (25 dollars)

4. Go to Cosco and get a bundle of microfiber towels, great for wiping down your wet or dewy vehicle. (10 dollars)

5. Seriously consider a good alarm system with a blinking light, mount it next to the headling washer switch. I have a viper with remote start......Very cool. (500 dolllars)

6. Front and side window tinting. (200 dollars)

These are the items that protect your vehicle and provide you with greater enjoyment and peace of mind. David

• 3 weeks later...
Whats a magnetic door protector?

Power mods are starting to come out for the SC430. Tom's has a supercharger kit. Blitz has a twin supercharger kit. Problems seem to be ECU piggyback issues. N20 is a possiblity if you get a custom ignition package to !Removed! the timing.

Tom's and Blitz have popular body kits. I have a Tom's carbon fiber hood coming directly from Japan.

Handling seems to be an issue that most owners on the forums correct with Teins CS with EDFC.

Hope this helps

Whats a magnetic door protector?

Power mods are starting to come out for the SC430. Tom's has a supercharger kit. Blitz has a twin supercharger kit. Problems seem to be ECU piggyback issues. N20 is a possiblity if you get a custom ignition package to !Removed! the timing.

Tom's and Blitz have popular body kits. I have a Tom's carbon fiber hood coming directly from Japan.

Handling seems to be an issue that most owners on the forums correct with Teins CS with EDFC.

Hope this helps

I forgot about the immediate buys. Luxury Motorworks has a remote top and starter kit that works with your stock key. Zaino has the best waxing system out there as well

• 3 years later...
OK real world, here are the absolutely necessary mods to do to your ride.

1. Have a good invisible bra such as 3M put on asap. The SC430 is known for picking up hood and front end chips. You will be happy you put it on. (400-600 dollars)

2. Get a set of clear front mat covers. They totally enclose the mat, keep it clean, and free of mud, etc. (60 dollars)

3. Get a set of magnetic door protectors. Park in the North 40. Have nots love to ding your doors. (25 dollars)

4. Go to Cosco and get a bundle of microfiber towels, great for wiping down your wet or dewy vehicle. (10 dollars)

5. Seriously consider a good alarm system with a blinking light, mount it next to the headling washer switch. I have a viper with remote start......Very cool. (500 dolllars)

6. Front and side window tinting. (200 dollars)

These are the items that protect your vehicle and provide you with greater enjoyment and peace of mind. David

Any one got an owners manual as PDf file ( 2004 SC430) . I just bought it over the weeked and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Any one got an owners manual as PDf file ( 2004 SC430) . I just bought it over the weeked and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Thanks,

Go to Lexus.com. Lower left side is an "entry" for Owners. Click and enter. Follow directions to register. They have all the manuals as PDF. You can also order a manual online. At one time they were free for people like you. You can also purchase a complete set (manual, nav, maint. sched, leather case) at Lexus for about $30USD. Maybe eBay as well.

But definitely online at Lexus.com

Our local builder has advised that short of turbo/supercharger ($5000 - $10000) there are no meaningful mods available for our cars. He suggested a 100shot of NOS as the best bang for your buck ($500-$1000). As far as all of the intake/exhaust BS you read and hear about you might want to look at the Dyno test results I posted here. Pretty much a waste of money unless you're looking for a great sound. There are some BSers on some of these cites claiming 30-40hp increases....a lot of baloney! Hope this helps.

• 10 years later...

I can heartily recommmend new after market coilover shocks to replace the stock ones.  It changes what it is like to drive the car.  My 2006 sc went from a luxury car to a sports car with a luxurious feel.   It cost $800 for the units from Megan Racing that are adjustable.  I stayed with stock ride height.  It cost $500 for the install.  Big difference. 

Rather than looking at floor mats and window tint, the next things to consider for me are some new updated wheels.  Then some consideration of after market intake and maybe axle back exhaust like Magna Flow.  A Lexus is not designed to be loud, but I want to hear the V-8 on hard acceleration.