Trying To Find Radio Installation Kit For 90 Ls400

Okay, I am beyond frustrated. The radio on my husband's LS400 is having severe issues to say the least. Worst problem, the volume control is completely broken and there is no way to turn the stereo off or turn down the volume. You literally get blasted out of the car every time you drive it!!

So, I am trying to buy my husband an aftermarket stereo for Christmas. I am having a really hard time finding the dash kit that will fit a 1990 LS400. Does this even exist? I have spent hours today trying to find something that will work.

Does anyone know of a dash kit that will fit this car? If so can you please provide me with a link so I can just buy it and get this search over with!!

Also, any other tips you might have as far as aftermarket stereo brands, etc. would be great, too!

Thanks,

Mia

Okay, I am beyond frustrated. The radio on my husband's LS400 is having severe issues to say the least. Worst problem, the volume control is completely broken and there is no way to turn the stereo off or turn down the volume. You literally get blasted out of the car every time you drive it!!

So, I am trying to buy my husband an aftermarket stereo for Christmas. I am having a really hard time finding the dash kit that will fit a 1990 LS400. Does this even exist? I have spent hours today trying to find something that will work.

Does anyone know of a dash kit that will fit this car? If so can you please provide me with a link so I can just buy it and get this search over with!!

Also, any other tips you might have as far as aftermarket stereo brands, etc. would be great, too!

Thanks,

Mia

Hi Mia,

Sure they make it, try this www.sfxaudio.com, they carry a kit for the 90-94 LS400 as well as the wiring harness so you don't have to cut any wires.

The Install kit number is LX3 and the wire harness number is TA02

As for aftermarket brands:

try Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Nakamichi, Sony, Eclipse, McIntosh, Pioneer, Blaupunkt to name a few.

Leo

hey im getting the same kit from that website too... just in case u guys want to do a DIY kind of thing... theres a member here that is an author of the most informative website for LS400 gen 1... www.Lexls.com ... he has tutorials, with pictures showing step by step of the install i would recommend talking to him if u have questions he is a great guy, and 92LEX is another guy thats good for advice... but saying alpine is not comparable to namaicha-wats... psh psh... haha jk jk jk...

-joe

• 3 months later...

Mia,

How did the radio installation go? What brand did you get and are you satisfied with it's fit in the dash and the sound quality? Did you have to sacrifice the sub-woofer to accomodate the after-market radio?

I've got the replace the radio in my wife's 1990 LS400 and I'm needing any tips and pointers anyone has to offer.

Thanks,

John Boy

Thanks,

Mia

Hi Mia,

Sure they make it, try this www.sfxaudio.com, they carry a kit for the 90-94 LS400 as well as the wiring harness so you don't have to cut any wires.

The Install kit number is LX3 and the wire harness number is TA02

As for aftermarket brands:

try Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Nakamichi, Sony, Eclipse, McIntosh, Pioneer, Blaupunkt to name a few.

Leo

Leo,

If I replace the radio in my 1990 Lexus LS400, will I have to do without the sub-woofer? Is there a "classy" looking radio that sort of blends with the interior of the car?

Thanks,

John Boy

• 3 months later...

I also have a 90 ls400 but I'm looking for a double DIN kit. Does anyone know where to get one or has anyone put a double DIN in there 1st gen LS400? Looking to install a double DIN deck or possibly a TV screen with navigation CD.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

FYI, www.sfxaudio.com accepts only checks or money orders. I sent them a money order a week ago and have not heard from them. The only way to contact them is service@sfxaudio.com, and that email address is not working. Hmmm????? I may have been had.

• 4 months later...

Trying to find an install kit for a '96 Lexus SC300. I was told by the crew at my local Best Buy that they didn't have one and couldn't find one. I've looked online for many, many hours and couldn't find one. I'm wanting to install a Dual XDVD8181, Christmas gift. Please help!

Thanks,

Mia

Try crutchfield.com

Trying to find an install kit for a '96 Lexus SC300. I was told by the crew at my local Best Buy that they didn't have one and couldn't find one. I've looked online for many, many hours and couldn't find one. I'm wanting to install a Dual XDVD8181, Christmas gift. Please help!

I tried looking at a couple of sites for you and still found nothing!! :( My guess would be to call or vistit...crutchfield.com Eventhough I could not find install kit for you in their site...their advisors are excellent and can give you some ideas on what to do. Good luck! (I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything).