How Quiet Are Long Run Lexi?

Flated

We're considering shopping for a GenIII 400 with about 60k, and live 500 miles from the nearest dealer. I'd like to think that it would run another 100k without nasty mechanical fractures. One serious problem is that the Mama is hell on squeeks and rattles (our reason to consider Lexus). I know they're quiet as new cars, but how silent are your 150-220k darlings? If it rattles, you know who has to dive into the dash or body panels, which is scary on such a nice, finished auto. On another thought, how many feet (miles?) of copper wire does a GenIII carry? Thanks, Ted

We're considering shopping for a GenIII 400 with about 60k, and live 500 miles from the nearest dealer.  I'd like to think that it would run another 100k without nasty mechanical fractures.  One serious problem is that the Mama is hell on squeeks and rattles (our reason to consider Lexus).  I know they're quiet as new cars, but how silent are your 150-220k darlings? If it rattles, you know who has to dive into the dash or body panels, which is scary on such a nice, finished auto.  On another thought, how many feet (miles?) of copper wire does a GenIII carry? Thanks, Ted

Probably 20+ miles of it.... MkIII LS400... you're referring to the MY '95-'97 model, correct? And at least 20 on board computers (6 making up the Multiplex Communication System)... Ours is at 105,000 miles, and had 1 squeak and 3 rattles, all of which have been remedied... the console box lid was replaced (still under warranty at the time), I replaced a clip and insulator in the rear parcel shelf to quell a rattle there, and the last was a passenger footwell air register that had come loose.

I'm one with a 239.9k mile darling. lol I have a sporadic rattle in the headliner-depends on the weather, but probably 97% of the time she has no rattles whatsoever. The dash, trim, etc. are all very tight and quiet. For the 3%, that's why they put the amazing stereo in the car! B) I have no doubts that this one of the best cars ever built.

:cheers:

My 90 has no rattles, squeaks, or other noises. Very quiet door. The air seal is still so good that if you don't give a little force closing the door with the windows up, the pressure keeps it from closing all the way.

I can't believe a 15 year old car is so tight and quiet.