Driver Side Window Doesn't Roll Down Continuously

dchan865

Hello everyone,

I got my 2004 GX over the weekend. One of the first thing I noticed was that the driver side window does not continously roll down or up when I push the button. Once I take my finger off the button, the window stops rolling.

Other windows appear to roll up or down fine with one firm push of the button.

When driving at night, I've also noticed that the light on the window button blinks intermittently and others are not having this behavior.

Anyone encounter this before or may know a fix?

Thanks,

Great forum, I am learning alot from all the GX owners on this forum.

David

Hello everyone,

I got my 2004 GX over the weekend. One of the first thing I noticed was that the driver side window does not continously roll down or up when I push the button. Once I take my finger off the button, the window stops rolling.

Other windows appear to roll up or down fine with one firm push of the button.

When driving at night, I've also noticed that the light on the window button blinks intermittently and others are not having this behavior.

Anyone encounter this before or may know a fix?

Thanks,

Great forum, I am learning alot from all the GX owners on this forum.

David

You'll have to take your truck back to the dealership. I am surprised that the problem wasn't caught before delivery. Do you have a signed off Inspection Certificate? Looks like somebody didn't do their job.

Very odd. Couple days later the problem went away. So I am curious why this would happen. Anyway, I will inform the dealer to check it during the 30 days service checkup.

i believe there is still something wrong with it. that's good ur going to tell ur dealer!

Very odd. Couple days later the problem went away. So I am curious why this would happen. Anyway, I will inform the dealer to check it during the 30 days service checkup.

i believe there is still something wrong with it. that's good ur going to tell ur dealer!

I think there is a section in the manual about reprogramming a window switch. Apparently, this happens when the power is removed from the battery. But, in your case I am curious if the setting is just goofed up, and needs to be reprogrammed. There is a procedure for teaching the window the roll-up height and tension. Again, not sure if that is what the problem is, but worth looking into the manual for it. :)