Rx300 Right Front Axle Leak

lenore

Help, how much play should there be on right inside axle shaft on AWD RX300 front axle? Mine is moving about 8-10 mm. When you pull the inside axle boot the Transmisson fluid pours out. I have obtained a new seal and axle clip but have not pulled axle yet. This all showed up after my third transmission change at my wonderful Lexus of Roseville DEalership. Cant prove they caused it but am supicious, since there work has been very substandard and consistently poor.

I called Lexus and they said that they had not pulled the right axle when doing the transmission. Then three phone calls later they admitted they do pull the right axle when doing a transmission. They suspect the spring clip not being seated in the transfer case. But they are not sure whether they should cover charges for fixing the loose axle shaft and seal. Will keep you posted. Lenore

• 2 weeks later...
Help, how much play should there be on right inside axle shaft on AWD RX300 front axle?  Mine is moving about 8-10 mm.  When you pull the inside axle boot the Transmisson fluid pours out.  I have obtained a new seal and axle clip but have not pulled axle yet.  This all showed up after my third transmission change at my wonderful Lexus of Roseville DEalership.  Cant prove they caused it but am supicious, since there work has been very substandard and consistently poor.

I called Lexus and they said that they had not pulled the right axle when doing the transmission.  Then three phone calls later they admitted they do pull the right axle when doing a transmission.  They suspect the spring clip not being seated in the transfer case.  But they are not sure whether they should cover charges for fixing the loose axle shaft and seal.  Will keep you posted.  Lenore

Lexus decided to make the repairs, the clip was bad and the seal was replaced. no charge. Now I can move on to the shock, and mount replacement.