Carpet Cleaner

• 1 year later...

when you say woolite, theres only one kind of woolite, right. no special blends or anything? and what should i use, a towel or some sort of brush? ive spilled soda in the front and back that darkened into ugly brown/black patches contrasting with the light carpet color and ive wanted to get rid of that for awhile now.

~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

Normal Cleaning:

Spray on a 5:1 solution, or stronger dependant upon stain (Distilled water / Woolite) until damp this product may be used on all water safe materials. The cleaning action increases with warm water, agitation and longer dwell time. Completely wipe away dirt/grime with damp cloth until clean, rinsing out clothe as required. Allow to completely dry before use.

Or try STAINMASTER Guide to Stain Removal.

~Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Whats a good product for cleaning carpets?

sears sells a product called "capture" that is the best carpet cleaner iv'e ever used.it is a white powder and each grain of it works like a tiny little sponge and absorbs the stain. it has totally removed red wine from my tan house carpets. sprinkle powder on, brush it in the carpet ,wait a while and vacuum.best results on fresh stains but comes with a spray to moisten the area before applying powder.

• 4 years later...

I'm a big fan of the Adam's Polishes Carpet Cleaner. It's pretty inexpensive, and very effective. It doesn't leave any harsh smells either. Just spray, agitate, then take a damp microfiber and wipe away. From there, vaccum as normal. It's great for all-purpose carpet cleaning, and even for some stains, but I will say it's not that "Power" product that I've seen before. Usually I'll use 303 Spot Remover for stains and stuff like that.

This might be overkill, but I just bought a used '02 ES 300 and I wanted the mats as clean as I could get them. Vacuuming and extraction are just not enough to get down into the fibers.

Here's a tip on cleaning extremely dirty, winter stained carpet mats: It goes to an extreme but will remove 100% of dirt and dust from deep in the carpet fibers. My mats were cleaned by a detailer twice with their extraction machine and it didn't do a thing to improve the mats appearance because it only extracts surface dirt.

If it's warm outside: hit the mats with a hard spray and the soak the mats in a mild cleaning solution , fibers facing down, in a large shallow tub or a large plastic storage bin. Dirt will release downwords.

If it's cold outside: use your indoor work tub or your shower and hot water to clean deep into the carpet fibers. If you have a spray hose, use it like a power washer with hot water to get deep in the fibers. Again soak the mats in a mild solution for a few hours, face down. Let chemical do its job.

The concept here is using water to remove 95% of the dirt and using a mild chemical with time to remove the grease or stains.

Final cleaning: Use a scrub brush and cleaning solution on the mats, rinse, and hang up in the sun to dry.

If there is any thing left after these cleaning and soaking steps, your mats are permanently stained and consider having them replaced.

This might be overkill, but I just bought a used '02 ES 300 and I wanted the mats as clean as I could get them. Vacuuming and extraction are just not enough to get down into the fibers.

Here's a tip on cleaning extremely dirty, winter stained carpet mats: It goes to an extreme but will remove 100% of dirt and dust from deep in the carpet fibers. My mats were cleaned by a detailer twice with their extraction machine and it didn't do a thing to improve the mats appearance because it only extracts surface dirt.

If it's warm outside: hit the mats with a hard spray and the soak the mats in a mild cleaning solution , fibers facing down, in a large shallow tub or a large plastic storage bin. Dirt will release downwords.

If it's cold outside: use your indoor work tub or your shower and hot water to clean deep into the carpet fibers. If you have a spray hose, use it like a power washer with hot water to get deep in the fibers. Again soak the mats in a mild solution for a few hours, face down. Let chemical do its job.

The concept here is using water to remove 95% of the dirt and using a mild chemical with time to remove the grease or stains.

Final cleaning: Use a scrub brush and cleaning solution on the mats, rinse, and hang up in the sun to dry.

If there is any thing left after these cleaning and soaking steps, your mats are permanently stained and consider having them replaced.

I'm with you on this. It was the only method I could use to clean the mats on the RX300 after (... while) winter snow+dirt in Michigan. Also took out coffee stain. [i also used "Scrubbing Bubbles" on them after the first thorough wash]. They came out fine....

You can also use a power washer on mats, works really well.

The reason detailer's extraction machines don't work is they don't know how to use them. If they have REAL extraction machines they absolutely get more than just surface dirt (the OEM Lexus mats aren't very plush). The proper way to extract carpets is as follows:

1. Vacuum well

2. Presoak mats with carpet cleaning solution and allow to dwell for 15 minutes

3. Agitate mats heavily with a stiff carpet brush (they make attachments for buffers too actually)

4. Rinse/extract mats with HOT water from the extractor

Many people try and use the extractor to do the cleaning with the solution, it doesn't work. The cleaning needs to be done manually and the extractor used to suck up what is left over.

• 2 weeks later...

I have soaked my mats with a strong concentrated stream from my garden hose outside, plus using a brush and various types of cleaning solutions .... FOLEX has worked well the times I have used it ....

My next idea has been to use a pressure washer on my mats ... actually I have this one customer that just never cleans his mats ever ... he just waits for me to do it when he brings his car to me ..... so they are a disaster every time I do his car .... they have been so bad, the pressure washer has definitely come to mind several times. The Lexus mats are so strong, I think this method would be safe to do ...

I have been doing some reading and have found an extraction machine that has a water temp of 200 degrees at the nozzle .... the machine costs about $700, however ..... I am still cloaking on that price .... but I just might get one anyway. Heat really makes dirt release.

anyways ... just my 2 cents worth of comment on the subject ....

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Lex,

I have used Earth Friendly Products Every Stain & Odor Remover for carpet cleaning. This cleaner is very nice and easy to use. I had a very good experience with this product because I have used this product on my 5 years old carpet which contains so many dirt and stains all over it. Then I used this product on it to remove stains and it gives me very good results.

You can also search on-line for the similar products according to your choice and budget.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...