Silverstar Lights And Fog Light

lovlex

i want to put the silverstar low beams in my 95 ls. the part number at advance auto parts is 9006st. the pictire they show has a plug on the end where as the light has 3 prongs sticking out of it. is the picture wrong or is it me looking at the wrong bulb? also, how do you change the fog light?

thanks

Doesn't your manual say how to change the bulbs? Most cars say how to since it's so basic.....

It would be smart to remove the bulb you want to replace and bring it in to the auto store. This way they can tell you what will work ;)

i want to put the silverstar low beams in my 95 ls. the part number at advance auto parts is 9006st. the pictire they show has a plug on the end where as the light has 3 prongs sticking out of it. is the picture wrong or is it me looking at the wrong bulb? also, how do you change the fog light?

thanks

Don't look at the pictures...take a look at the actual bulb.

guys, i dont really understand why are you talking about 9006 and 9005 while ls400 utilizes 9003 or H4 dual beam bulb? the 6 and 5 bulbs are used on the cars that have separate compatments for the hi and low beams, eg honda accord, acura legend, etc, but there is one BULB on ls400 and it is H4!

i knwo that because i changed them lots of times and now i have an HID kit which is also H4! search ebay for H4 LS400 and you will see that for yourself.

Thanks VMF for coming to my defense. i knew i had not gone crazy. i went to autozone today and found out that the low beam is the 9003. advance auto has their web site wrong, saying you need the 9006. this is the first time for me to find an error on their site so i figured i was looking at the wrong bulb. since this is a new car for me, i thought maybe, i was looking at the wrong bulb because the fog light is also housed in the light fixture. goes to show you that low beam on these cars, is not always a 9006 B)

yup Sylvania has it as a 9006 like what bartkat said.

Hence thats y its smarter to come to LOC for comfirmation ;)

But i also agree, we can just pluck the bulb out and bring it to the store and match it up.

if you take it out you will see that the bulb has the metal casing and 3 big pins and the casing is round while the 9006 and 9005 bulbs have plastic casing. i have experience with all 3 types of bulbs since 2 of my other cars use 9006 and 9005 while ls uses 9003/h4 type, you can go ahead and buy the 9006 just to see for yourself that its not gonna fit:)

yup Sylvania has it as a 9006 like what bartkat said. 

Hence thats y its smarter to come to LOC for comfirmation ;)

But i also agree, we can just pluck the bulb out and bring it to the store and match it up.

Yes, matching is the best way. Gonna have to pull the old bulbs anyway. Advance Auto Parte, at least here, stocks the Silverstars.

guys, i dont really understand why are you talking about 9006 and 9005 while ls400 utilizes 9003 or H4 dual beam bulb? the 6 and 5 bulbs are used on the cars that have separate compatments for the hi and low beams, eg honda accord, acura legend, etc, but there is one BULB on ls400 and it is H4!

i knwo that because i changed them lots of times and now i have an HID kit which is also H4! search ebay for H4 LS400 and you will see that for yourself.

why did you have to change them"lots of times". do silverstars blow out alot. i have thought about getting some but if they are junk i dont want to waste time & money.

why did you have to change them"lots of times". do silverstars blow out alot. i have thought about getting some but if they are junk i dont want to waste time & money.

I think he was just establishing his knowledge of the bulb type, by his experience.

becuase i was experimenting with different bulb colors and HID brands and models

i never used silvania, not that great of a bulb, if you want nice reliable bulbs i would recommend MTEC, search ebay for MTEC H4 bubls and they woudl fit your LS perfectly!