Hid's

pemarsh

YES u can! I have REAL HID (50K candle power) on my 450 since 1998 until now still lights up the whole street/road.But gotta be carefull those HID can blind others

so what u need to do is after installed u need to adjust the headlights (low beam) lil down.

Also if u handy guy It wasn't hard for u to do.. the kit comes with Ballast, Relay & HID Bulb.

By the way back 8 years ago that wasn't so much to choose for the HID.But now

u can (50K,80K &even 100K candle power)

Phillips, Raybrig & Hellas are good stuff but expensive. (mine is Phillips)

Good Luck~:cheers:

Wendell,

Yeah that B.S and what daytime running light??? :D thats easy just disconnect them and install HID. Of Course if you go to dealer they want you to spend and ripped you off same time otherwise how they going to make money? right?

:D

Hey endless,

the dealer told me that I cannot install an aftermarket HID unit because of the daytime running lamps on my '00 RX300, is this true or did he just want me to buy from the dealer(almost $2000 :cries:  )?

thanks

Hey guys, cool site I must say....I have a 2001 Lexus GS300 and bought it brand new back then. Lately, I've gotten the itch to install the HID lights but am leary of using just any kit out there. Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it would be to do it yourself? I'm an engineer by trade so tinkering with stuff is not an issue whatsoever but wanna make sure I get the right installation and products before I drop a cool $400+. I was thinking about going with lights that are 7000K to make sure the cops don't pull me over. :blink: In any case, thanks for your help folks and looking forward to as much detail as possible in reaching an educated decision.

Hey endless,

the dealer told me that I cannot install an aftermarket HID unit because of the daytime running lamps on my '00 RX300, is this true or did he just want me to buy from the dealer(almost $2000 :cries:  )?

thanks

Hey guys, cool site I must say....I have a 2001 Lexus GS300 and bought it brand new back then. Lately, I've gotten the itch to install the HID lights but am leary of using just any kit out there. Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it would be to do it yourself? I'm an engineer by trade so tinkering with stuff is not an issue whatsoever but wanna make sure I get the right installation and products before I drop a cool $400+. I was thinking about going with lights that are 7000K to make sure the cops don't pull me over. :blink: In any case, thanks for your help folks and looking forward to as much detail as possible in reaching an educated decision.

I would opt for the 6000k kits. It gives you a white light with a very faint blue from afar. You get the white without losing too much of the output compared to the OEM 4100k bulbs. You will lose even more light output with 7000k, unless you must have the color of the 7000k.

Are the instructions or manual that comes in with the HID packages easy to follow for a "MORON" like me?  :pirate:

The ones I put on my Civic were easy. The hard part was finding a place to put the ballast boxes, as there isn't much room under the hood. Basically the wires from the kit just plug in between the exisiting wiring. If you get the right kit, it should be pretty straightforward. :cheers:

True as Bartkat said the hardest part is you have to find room where to mount the ballast box ~and DONT FORGET to try your new HID lights @ nite time.If its too high and bright you can always adjust the headlights down just to reduce the glare.

Goodluck~ :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm mostly interested in White color, not a lot of bluish in it, or if any, what kit do you guys recommend? 6000K?

is there any decent brand that is more preferable than others?

thanks

I would recommend 6000k. 4100k/4300k in a reflector is still very slightly yellow. Many prefer Philips components but different HID kits can contain Philips components.

I'm mostly interested in White color, not a lot of bluish in it, or if any, what kit do you guys recommend? 6000K?

is there any decent brand that is more preferable than others?

thanks

4300 or 5000 K will be plenty white. Anything higher and you will lose some lumens.