Steering Wheel Shaking

it is kindly silly for a luxury car like this to have! you would think they woulda done a recall.......oh wait no that woulda taken money outta their pocket! i never noticed mine at 60 mph just 80mph and now mine at 80mph seems to be gone but now i seem to have one at 60 mph. most annoying crap about my car yet is this stupid shake!

brian

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok seriously i had the same shake everyone had but mine mainly was at 80 + (which is where i spend most my time anyways) so i just had my tires replaced with my michelin energy mxv4's, new alignment (my rear was out a little and my front caster is out but they said that isnt adjustable), and nitrogen in the tires..... havent driven on the highway yet but from the ride from the shop back to my work (seriously maybe half a mile between our works) and OMFG that was the smoothest ride i have EVER riden in! i shall be going to nashville from memphis tomorrow morning so i will see how the interstate ride is!

brian

Please check out this link at clublexus.com it seems to fix the problem for a lot of people. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...wheel+tensioner

please let us know if it is any help to you.

Poonash

Link the fix from the steering tensioner on a reply please.

Can somebody please do a course of actions needed to fix this god da%$ problem.

I have 17" BBS rims and Firestone Firehawks and you can't get much better than that and mine still rattles the teeth out of my head from 55-65. Thats Bullsh%$ on a car like this. Factory rims and lugs do the same thing (Blizzacks mounted on factory rims).

Frustrated! :cries:

Please check out this link at clublexus.com it seems to fix the problem for a lot of people. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...wheel+tensioner

please let us know if it is any help to you.

i actually had a nice long post with someone on here and we were going through all the individual steps to fix this........so far i haven't noticed it since new tires, etc i had done everything but the steering pretensioner (i have a great diy tool made but couldn't ever find anything to get the locking nut loose) and i never did my ball joints! if u scroll back or search for it u can find it

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian