How To: Change Headlight & Parking Light Bulbs

Grab that grey plastic base and twist it like 1/8" clockwise, then pull out the parking light bulb (bulb size is 168)...if you're only changing the corner bulbs then stop here, pull the bulb straight out, replace with new 168 bulb and assemble everything in reverse order...if you're planning on replacing the headlight bulbs then continue with the next steps.

104_0473.jpg

Now you're ready to remove the headlight assembly...simply grab and swivel it out like how I have it in the picture...then you should be able to pull it away from the vehicle. (The wires are still connected so don't try to pull it completely off of the vehicle...just enough so that you'll have enough room to remove the bulb):

104_0457.jpg

Replace bulb with a new 9004 halogen bulb...then reassemble everything in reverse order...do the same to the other side. I used Sylvannia Silverstars 9004 halogens (they're very bright)....I only paid $20 for brand new ones on Ebay.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lex 92, Great! instructions, loved the fact you included pictures. I just changed out my

1994 Lexus LS400 bulbs (H-4) with some super bright Hi-Lite Xenon replacements.

Man I really had to pull on those corner lights to get them to pop loose, was worried I would

bust them, but they finally came free. Thanks again for posting instructions.

Respectfully, Spyderdaddy

• 10 months later...

Thanks for making the effort to tell us how to replace a headlamp! Couldn't quite figure out how to do it so your post was right on! The only thing you could do better would be to come to my home and do it for me. Well, that might be asking too much. Seriously, thank you very much!

• 5 months later...
It took me less than 20 minutes total to remove, clean up and put both sides back together.

You'll need:

Phillips screw driver

10mm socket

Remove this (1) phillips head screw to remove corner:

104_0448.jpg

Hey lex great post any chance you still have the photos for this ? I need to do this to my car tomorrow.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

I got the bulb out but I really need the pix in order to do this job. Where did they go? Can I find a diagram anywhere else? Have a 2004 LS430. Need to replace the HID bulbs. Please help!!!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

I got the bulb out but I really need the pix in order to do this job. Where did they go? Can I find a diagram anywhere else? Have a 2004 LS430. Need to replace the HID bulbs. Please help!!!

You've already got the HID bulb out? What do you need more help doing?

• 3 months later...