Anyone Know The Size Of The Speakers In The Front

I'm looking to replace my speakers in my '96 es 300 :ph34r: , and I went to several audio sites and they said that the front speakers are 6 1/2 and that the rear are 6 x 9. I took the front speakers out to measure them and I found that they are only like 6 inches. Maybe someone could help me. I was lookin to replace the front door speakers with Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1 component system, you can snatch them for a pretty good price off of ebay. I was also looking at focal, but I'm not sure if the mounting debth is too deep. Drop me a line.

Thanks,

Mike

I asked this question a while back, and someone said that the fronts are 5 1/4" with 1" tweeters.

Also, I just found out that the system that is stock is tuned perfectly to sound real nice with a minimal output. THe amp ans speakers are rated low, and as soon as you put in a new set of speakers for the old ones, the sound quality diminishes. You can look at the post "92 ES radio Q's" for more information

that is quite true

i love to see newer members help even newer members

with old members advice

:lol:

confused

as long as it works and is true

you could probably fit a 6 1/2 in there it has been 6 years since i changed mine out so i can't remember if there is a mount plate that can be removed for greater space

and focals are not erally made for a door panel anyway

they are more at home in a custom kick pod

otherwise they are a waste of money as tehy need to be angled right for the roper soundstageing and reproduction unfortunatly but they are awsome products

hi guys,i replaced all my speakers in my 95 es 300 and heres what i put,front door speakers i put 61/2 inch infinity kappa component speakers with new tweeters that came with it.i also put infinity 6 by 9 in the back rear deck.i swapped the amp for a alpine and i have that running all of it..i think the infinitys i have in the front with the tweeters sound awsome.they come with the crossovers and also the plate to put over the exsisting hole were the old door speakers were and they fit perfect and are sealed great and give good bass since they are just woofers in the doors just like how lexus originally intended it to be.i also installed a subwoofer and thats a rockford fosgate 10 inch hx2 single box with a rockford punch 800 running that.just thought id give you some ideas..one thing is if you want to put a sub in with the factory radio you have to buy a inline adapter that converts the back speaker wires to rca jacks.if you do buy one of them DONT buy a 10 dollar one because they sound like crap.make sure you buy a half decent one and it should cost about 75 to 100 dollars..talk to yous later

Replacing the stock speakers and feeding proper power to the system are the best things you can do for the sound in any car stereo, bar none. Keep the original head unit if you must, simple kits can be had to convert the signal going to your amp. Pricing is useless, however, because installs vary wildly in quality, and component cost varies quite a bit as well, depending on if you pay retail or not, and how high end your components are.

If I had to guess I'd say labor to replace the stock door and rear deck speakers with similar size components could vary anywhere from $150-600, not including mounting and wiring up a new amp. Installing a new head unit (barring power issues) generally runs from $50-100. I think I once paid $900 for door and rear deck speakers plus a new head unit in a Maxima I once owned at a really high end shop, with decent speakers (not top of the line though), dynamat, the works. Worth every penny.

Hardware is a whole different issue. Speakers can run from $50 for the whole set up to over $600 for the front speakers alone. Wiring can range from $25 worth of cheap zip cord and patch cable to a couple hundred for high end wiring harness with quality braided wire, plated interconnects, etc. If you get serious enough to add a sub, you're could be looking at a custom, built-in enclosure, or a cheap pre-fab box bolted to the deck. Amps can run from under $100 to over a thousand.

I'd suggest going to your local best buy, getting an estimate for a basic consumer-grade system and install, and then going to your local high-end auto sound specialty shop, finding out the price differential and then deciding what you can live with.

For the record, I'm thrilled with my setup. but it wasn't cheap, nor is it finished. :-D

http://www.kalani.net/Car/Lexus.html

-KMan