Transmission Fluid And Capacity

:blushing:

Newbie on this forum:

I just bought a 1993 GS300 from a Lexus Dealer @ 138K miles. I checked the trannny fluid and its' over the HOT mark with a cold engine. Previous owner overfilled.

Called a couple different Toyota dealers and Lexus dealers; all giving me DEXRON II or III fluid, but my dipstick shows T-II fluid only.

1993 GS engine is also used in a 94-98 non turbo toyota supra engine.

Anyone have idea what fluid type and how much I need for a drain and refill?

I believe it's 6 quarts in the pan, and 14 quarts in the whole system. Get a powerflush. Changing the pan fluid only changes about half of it. I finally got the GS300 manual for repair. I'll post what the exact capacities are when it gets here. :P I would buy the fluid either online or from the dealer. Use the T-IV toyota fluid.

Nice maroon GS there TurboGS300! Sounds like these bulletproof machines are a different animal.

On my Infiniti G20, I just do a drain from the drain plug and refill with 4 Quarts of Mobil 1 ATF. I called the Lexus dealer and they said only 2.1 Quarts for a drain and refill.

Is a powerflush more than just a drain and refill?

A flush is a flush the word power denotes nothing just as a shortram intake does not mean anything

A drain is just that,open a bolt drain and fill

a flush uses a machine to let the engine cuirulate the fluid until hot the cycles out the old fluid replacing it with new completly as no drain and fill can do.