Bluetooth Cell Phone Compatibility

rfwoods

I will be picking up my '05 RX330 shortly and was wondering what the bluetooth capabilites are?

Since I don't yet have a manual to read, what features of the phone are integrated with the car via bluetooth? It sounds like the  phone information is displayed on the cars screen. It also sounds like if the phone has voice command features (which the 6600 does with MS voice command installed) you can use it to initiate calls. And it sounds like there is some integration of the phones contact list with the cars display screen.

Voice command with the phone? Hmm.. I don't remember that working. The voice command in general sucks anyway (limited features). Since my bluetooth v710 doesn't work very well anyway, I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. But, for example, I'm pretty sure you can't call out via voice...like dial a number. But I could be wrong. Most of the features are just by using the touch screen, and when you're driving it's even more limited... ie, you can't dial a number while driving. You have to use a phone book entry to call out.

I'm also making an assumption you are talking about using the Lexus voice features.. not the phone's own voice features. I have no idea how that would integrate since I've never tried that.

I will be picking up my '05 RX330 shortly and was wondering what the bluetooth capabilites are?

Since I don't yet have a manual to read, what features of the phone are integrated with the car via bluetooth? It sounds like the  phone information is displayed on the cars screen. It also sounds like if the phone has voice command features (which the 6600 does with MS voice command installed) you can use it to initiate calls. And it sounds like there is some integration of the phones contact list with the cars display screen.

Voice command with the phone? Hmm.. I don't remember that working. The voice command in general sucks anyway (limited features). Since my bluetooth v710 doesn't work very well anyway, I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. But, for example, I'm pretty sure you can't call out via voice...like dial a number. But I could be wrong. Most of the features are just by using the touch screen, and when you're driving it's even more limited... ie, you can't dial a number while driving. You have to use a phone book entry to call out.

I'm also making an assumption you are talking about using the Lexus voice features.. not the phone's own voice features. I have no idea how that would integrate since I've never tried that.

You're right, you can only use the voice commands embedded in the Lexus. You can not create more commands such as recording a voice then use it to make a call. You can make a call by speaking into the phone. If bluetooth is on and active the conversation will be hands free after the initiation of the call. Works with my Motorola Razr V3.

i've got the v551 and i need to know if there is a way to disable the handsfree selectivly, like if someone is in the car and you don't want the speaker blasting your whole conversation.

i'm sure i could disable it before the call if i knew someone was going to be in the car w/ me...but it would be nice to know.

thanks all.

:cheers:

• 7 months later...

Has anybody got the Lexus RX330 (2004 AU) to work with a Nokia 6630 GSM/ WCDMA using Bluetooth? Thanks www.jnobel.net

In case anyone out there is interested, I am using a Motorola V710 in my 2005 RX.  It works hands free, but I have to dial from the phone since the V710's phonebook will not download to the car phonebook, and an incoming call does not ring (but it does interupt the music and show on the nav screen).

Motorla tech support says they are going to release a V710 software update in the next two weeks that will solve these glitches and make the V710 fully compaible with the RX.

Though you're right about the limited usage, I can very easily use the one-touch dial to dial out while driving using my v710. What you do is:

1) Make an out going call, then hang up

2) Go to the setting section and Add the outgoing call to the one-touch. You will get an entry showing the phone number in the one-touch screen

3) Now you can use that for dialing out while driving. You don't see any names, and in fact while driving you won't even see the phone number, but if you remember that #1 = Home and #2 = Work...etc, it works. Sucks, but works.

I have a 2005 RX330 and my cell phone is a Motorola T720 with a Motorola DC600 Bluetooth Adapter.  The Motorola unit connects with the system in the car but the signal strength bars on the phone do not appear on the car screen and the system in the car will not dial or perform other functions even though both units confirm that they are connected to each other.  Am I doing something wrong or are these devices just not compatible?  Does anyone know if there are compatible phones other than the Sony Ericsson T608 listed on the Lexus LetsTalk.com website?

Thanks.

motorola recently sent software upgrades to the carriers that allow you to see the reception bars in the car as well as turn the radio volume down when a call comes in..You should take your phone to your carrier to perform the upgrade or upgrade the phone to the new model..I have the newest model motorola with verizon..I cant figure out how to make the car ring when a call comes in..the volume lowers but I have to listen for the ring on the phone,not in the car...I have every other problem figured out with the phone except for this..Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thank You

[

motorola recently sent software upgrades to the carriers that allow you to see the reception bars in the car as well as turn the radio volume down when a call comes in..You should take your phone to your carrier to perform the upgrade or upgrade the phone to the new model..I have the newest model motorola with verizon..I cant figure out how to make the car ring when a call comes in..the volume lowers but I have to listen for the ring on the phone,not in the car...I have every other problem figured out with the phone except for this..Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thank You

I have spoken with Lexus and Motorola tech. support regarding the no ring issue with the v710 and e815 and there is currently no solution. Maybe this will be addressed with the next round of firmware but nobody knows for sure . .