Resetting Seat Memory 1&2

ed94r

I have just purchased a '98 LX470 that did not come with the manuals. I need to know how to reset the seat memory features that are located on the driver door. There must be a sequence to override the previous settings but I can't figure it out.

Additionally, I have but only one key, it's the master with all the buttons. I've got another key on the way, so how much is lexus gonna charge to have the new key programmed?

TIA,

Ed

If it is like the 2000 lx470 you need to be in park. Press and hold the program/memory key and press the #1 or 2. It should beep indicating it saved your settings as they exist.

The master keys are expensive (I got one for $180 programmed by the dealer through an auto broker). Whatever the cost it is going to be cheaper than having to replace the ENTIRE lock system if you loose that master key. If that is gone they have to replace the power lock system, steering lock and door locks.

Thank you. Seat preferences are set...

Does your LX default to low mode when you put it in park? I've seen other LX's parked and they look lower than mine.

The key and the manual are being sent to me by the seller. I just need to bring the key to Lexus and they'll program it right?

Ed