Aftermarket Head Unit

Ok i think i have read this somewhere but can't find anything. For christmas I am gonna have this audio store called hi fi buys(really professional, knows what there doing, only sells high quality stuff) install a cd player for me. They said they can build a custom mounting kit for me and make it look really nice and I was thinking about going with an alpine head unit. Then I remember seeing or hearing about if you install an aftermarket head unit, then something like your speakers won't work or your amp can't power you speakers through an aftermarket one?? I don't know, can you guys help me out, who knows about this? THANKS!

If memory serves me correct (i have slept since then).... When you change your headunit, your speakers and sub will no longer be powered by their amps. What eve headunit you get no mater what it is will not connect to the amps, so you will have to get a RCA plug for each speaker and a new amp to power the sub. When i got my alpine unit thats what i had to do, then all my speakers sounded crappy untill i got new ones. I also got a new sub as well and just stuck it in a box.