Integrating Rear Dvd On 2003 470

hades

just added head rests into a 2003 lx470 and was wanting to grab the video source off the rear DVD player. has anyone done this yet, or know someone that has. it looks like the video is transferred to the overhead monitor via a din cable that resembles the pioneer RGB cables. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kevin

• 5 weeks later...

I too would very much like to do this. This would also let you use factory rear seat audio ports and controls. (I like the wired better anway...a set of bose NC headphones would beat the heck out of those crappy RF wireless sets.)

All this would need would be a way to split the video output of the factory cd/dvd so your could patch out to the monitors (I have a set of 7" vizualogic headrests that I want to do this with.) There has to be a way.

I know that with the basic audio/nav set (no rear dvd) you can listen to CD/DVD on the wired jacks in the rear console while the speakers listen to another source. All I would need to to is patch the DVD video to the monitors and the audio is already there. And if I wanted to listen to my ipod through the tape converter (or FM mod) over the speakers while the kids in the back watch a movie, I could do that too.)

Anybody know any more about this or am I going to have to get surgical on my 04 LX? (or pay a shop a lot of $$ to do it.)

Thanks

Bish

I don't know HOW to do this, but I know it can be done. My parents have an 02 LX and this is how the video is sent to the rear headrests....it is a robbed signal from the DVD player to the headrests. I know that a shop did it, but they bought it preowned...so I don't know who. But yes, you can do that.