Help Sc400 Wire Probs

ok i got a lexus sc 92 gold bought 3 months ago. now when i bought it i was thinking to sell it but after driving it and seeing all the love the chics give to me i kept it and threw some 18" larenzos (chrome) on it. i love the look of my car but i have a problem...........some of my controls dont work example. my door lights my steering wheel adjuster (auto adjuster too) my auto-seat set-er. and also when i let people in the back the seat doesnt automatically adjust itself to move up. i have replaced all my fuses with the fuses that light up if a fuse is blown. what the hell could be the problem also my security system doesnt work aswell as the unlock/lock button on the key for the ignition. i need help i would love for a lexus sc owner in NJ to put me under their wing as a apprentice im 20 and live in orange,nj course i dont have much money but i do have some to fix things here and there(workin on replacin the clouded driver side headlight now and replacing the whole interior. please help people :(

HoodLexusSC:

Try switching the Auto button on, reprogram the seat memory, and see if that does the trick. If not, try visiting the Lexus Dealer, and get a full electronic diagnostic. I can help you with the parts if needed. Private Message me or post a reply to this post.

for that many problems

first thing to buy is a good multi meter to test wires

and start tracing back the systems

i am sure it may be a harnes unplugged but you never know

could have even been in a accident and never fixed right

the meter is the easiest way to save money

another inversment is

see if you can find the original lexus service manuals tehy are rpicey from the dealer

sometimes are one ebay but they are the best i am not really a fan of haynes or chltons

but you get what you pay for

The manuals range from 100 to 200+$ depending for the real thing. Some service shops might make a zerox of a couple pages for you if they are cool. You can disassemble your headlight and clean it to as new condition. There is a battery in your key - try that first. The other electrical items could be almost anything but the fuses were a good start. Borrow a multimeter is the best advice. If I find time I might be able to get a couple of electrical diagrams up. They are for 95 model, but it should not be different. We'll see.

but my headlights are like YELLOW.........looks like i have to change them with new ones

The site link to lex400sc's page is down. That is in our Frequently Asked Questions thread. I found it cached on google and will try to attach it here. You can remove the headlight, disassemble it and clean it - or you can 400$ for a new one. Or try to find a used one (wich is not impossible, they come up on e-bay often). Good luck.

Lexus_SC300_SC400_FAQ___intellexual_net.htm

well i dont know about those lights im gonna try today and im gonna take the car to the auto dealership to fix unless any of u jersey mechanics are around to help and wanna take a swing.and its just my luck..........my radio went bad today. when i brake or drive the radio goes off and on....somthing is really bad with these wires

also anyone think they can mod my car to make the doors go up lambo style ill travel a bit and pay.

HoodLexusSC:

Okay, now you're scarying me.

I don't live in Jersey. I live in the DC Metro area if you're willing to come down here!

wow i fgured sc doors are really heavy never mind that already over enginered hinge

that would be one hell of a shock to lift that door

if you get in an accident with switchblade doors and the car is upside down

how the hell do you get out?

just a thought

Has it cleaned up a little or is it still dull like it was before? If it is, try switching to Mothers or Meguire plastic polish. Of course you'll be doing rubbing it for a while. By the way, the yellow and dullness of the lense is due to a leak, so when you reseal it, do it throughly.

Have fun with it. :rolleyes: