Severe Hesitation. Please Help

MistaG

I have been getting this horrible hestation lately that happens both every time I step on the Gas from a complete stop or when I Go to pass someone on the Highway. From a complete stop it bogs down so severly to the point where I almost think the engine is going to die out. I sounds sort of like a brrrrrpppppp ing sound. If I play with the pedal enough it goes away. Usually be letting off of it.

I thought it was a fuel injector problem because I once bought 30 dollars worth of different cleaners like Slick 50, and a few others and put it into my almost empty tank. And for that whole tank full the Hesistation almost entirely disappeared. But now it seems even worse. Please Help. I have read so many posts about this hestation problem but no one seems to have the definite answer. :cries: <_<

Hi MistaG  by any chance is your check engine light on?  How do your exhaust fumes smell.  Does it smell rich in gas or what?  It could be a tps sensor but not sure.

No my engine light is not on. The car is not running rich at all. It has a steady Idle at about 600 rpm. She just feels like she is starving for fuel when I really step on her. Whether it be from a full stop or stepping on it on the highway.

If MistaG's throttle plate needed cleaning howcome his idle is steady?

92lex,

I agree a very dirtly throttle plate would cause rough iclle - but I think it'd have to be pretty bad to do it......

I agree to check the air / fuel filter :D

If the air filter was really bad, does that make the fuel "starve" to compensate and keep correct mixture....? Can the MAF be faulty?

when was the last time you had a tune up?

could really be a number of things, vaccuum line could be the culprit, Maf could be the culprit, clogged injectors, bad gas, as well as what the other members posted above........but i would do at tune up asap and go from there, could be a fouled plug to tell u the truth

I agree with both silvermate and 99lsguy....it sucks but it could be a number of things. Clogged air filter isn't really starving any fuel but the computer will see less air and in return reduce the pulse width of the fuel injectors...in the end you'll be running under the wrong load which will cause a low power problem. With the MAF sensor....if it's malfunctioning then there's a chance that it's not "sensing" as much air entering the system than there actually is....so the pulse width of the injectors is again shortened in attempt to keep a 14.7/1 a/f ratio..but he actually needs the pulse width of the injectors to be increased (acceleration). It could be many things but I guess the best thing to do is to check the easier stuff first and start eliminating them one at a time.

• 9 months later...

Is it me or does it sound like everyone whos recently done a tune up encounter this problem. ? So we all screwed up on the tune up or is there a systemic problem occuring with the TPS, hesitation issue on the 90-94 ls400?

feed back please :whistles: