Watching Dvd While Driving In A Gx?

TexGX

I saw another similar post in another section, but they did not answer the question if the fix worked on a 2004 GX. So, has anyone been able to have a DVD playing while driving. I will be making a long drive to Arizona and my wife would love me if I could get this done.

• 4 weeks later...

Has no one done this to thier GX.  I would like to do it, but I have not talked to anyone who has done it.  I just want to make sure that I do it right.

I think that a number of people have wanted to do this. And there is a workaround that involves taking part of your dash apart to add some jumper wires to a switch (which simulates the parking brake on and speed sensor to be at "0"). I am not into cutting into the wiring harness of the truck as yet. There has got to be a more elegant solution in the diagnostic computer telling the system to override the safety procedures. If anyone knows if this is possible, I would be interested in getting this done. This would also allow the passanger to use the navigation system usage while driving. Not ALL uses of the DVD or Navigation are dangerous activities. B)