Steering Wheel

NeiLtYmE

I had ended up obtaining a junked camry steering wheel which was then shipped to American Stitches for Marble wood and leather coating to match my interior dash.

I have just gotten the completed wheel in today and it looks amazing.

Now i was wondering if has any good directions on how i could remove the current wheel and air bag cover so i can fit my new one in ?

Disconnect the battery ,wait a few minutes.

Remove the flaps on either side of the wheel to get acess to the side bolts of the airbag.

Disconnect the bag carfully to not damage the wires.

Get your steering wheel puller after loosening the wheel bolt and pop the bolt off.

Remove the wheel and check fitment for you new wheel to the bag just incase it doesn't fit.

Plug everything back together cross your fingers and attach the battery.

No srs light and your done.

Those side bolts are really tight sometimes.

it was about a 15 days process where they tear apart your core and custom the wheel in which ever way your request(in most cases). the service was real good there and people were real nice to talk to and they made everything clear before doing anything. $451.

i had sent them sample of the marble wood currently on the dash and they just matched that

No need to be scared just use good tools as the screws on the side took forever to loosen on mine luckly i have a full box and chest of oddball tools and luckyl as well i had a rachet adapter for i think it was a torx

what did you have to take yours apart for ?

ok, some people help. I got those three uselessly shaped screwes off the side and pulled out the air bag. Everything cool thus far. BUT the !Removed! steering wheel is on there like snug as hell. I took out the main 19mm bolt and attempted at a wd-40 lubing. i can beat it and pull it and not a damn inch it will move.

what do i do.

allright, everythings pretty much all set. I went to a local auto part store and they kindly rented me out with a refundable deposit some tools that i could use. Worked perfectly.

Now i got one problem. in the repair manual it suggest some proper ways to put the wheel back on so that the alignment stays proper. I dont have the manual but if someone can tell me what it say that would be awesome.

:unsure:

There generally is a mark on the spline and also a mark on the steering wheel that has to line up to get it centralized. I haven't done this on a Lexus, so I'm really not 100% certain.