Need To Disable Oem Autolocking Feature

MarkLS400

Problem: OEM autolock security defeats aftermarket keyless entry/alarm system

I am a new member and searching for information on how to disable the OEM autolocking feature on LS400 '92. I just had a shop install an aftermarket keyless entry alarm system, with trunk open, etc. It works great until the Lexus OEM autolock/security takes over after about 1 minute or so. Then I am unable to open the locks unless I use the OEM key transmitter or actual key Lexus key.

The reason I switched to aftermarket is that I only have one OEM transmitter key and it was less expensive to install a complete system vs. buying another key. Additionally, the factory transmitter has a very short range and is limited to lock/unlock. The new system has more features and the signal processes much faster as well.

So if I can prevent the built-in door lock/security feature from operating I should be ok. I have tried selecting the OEM remote toggle switch on the dash. Selecting "off" cancelled the OEM transmitter, but the problem persists. I contacted the shop and they are unsure how to remedy the problem.

Certainly someone out there has installed an aftermarket keyless entry alarm on a Lexus.

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Thanks.

Mark Stephen

ok now after reading this post i understand it more

the company who put the alram in it

i guess doesn't do alot of high end or lexus' much

as i had my aftermarket clifford installed in my es 300 and it works perfect i have to active the button on the key or lock the door

to turn on the factory alarm

i would say they need to rewire the alrm lock pulse which has been used using a door lock wire

linked to the alarm

• 4 weeks later...

i don't think the older cars had a cbest selection for settings

i think i know what the problem is

the shop wrongly installed the door lock pulse from the alram to the wireless key unlock

as it will also relock the car if not opened

they should have used the pulse to the wiring for the button for the door locks

that is one situation

but reading it again it is that the pulse is linked to the button instead which is locked out once the car is locked

try it go inside the car when the alrm is on and the doorlocks won't work

they need to go directly to the lock pulse

like i said earlier some shop don't know what they are doing or don't have the expertise in luxury cars that have a tendency to have more featuers to break than they need

so take it back to them and tell them to find a new door lock wire to pulse

• 2 weeks later...
Mark-

Did you ever get a resolution for your remote issue?  I am going to deal with the same issue I think.

Doug Briggs

Hi Doug, :)

The problem still exists but I have found a partial solution which I will explain below.

But first I contacted the alarm shop. The guys there agreed to check it out for me but they had a rather unfriendly attitude (they were super-busy installing car audio stuff all day long), and did not give any plausible reason for the malfunction. My gut reaction was that they really were unfamiliar with this installation error and I did not feel comfortable allowing them to trouble shoot the problem, not to mention wasting another day dropping off my car and getting a ride from/to.

So the problem continues, however I managed to find a partial solution. This may seem odd, but it works. When I exit the car I hit the door lock/alarm arm button (on aftermarket remote). Then within a few seconds I disarm the car, then quickly re-arm/lock. Then the system works fine and I can open the doors remotely upon return, without any conflict with the OEM system. I cannot imagine how this works, but it does seem to outsmart the OEM security system.

In summary, now I must hit the remote 3x's vs. just once to lock/arm. It is an inconvenience but I can live with it for now. Because I am so busy with my work it is a major hassle to go to a shop during the week. Maybe in the future I will have a new system installed at a better qualified shop.

I am in the process of installing a DVD system with 3 screens. If anyone wants to hear the story please email me for a report.

Thanks to all of you for your comments on this problem. It's nice to have such a great group of folks to talk about the wonderful Lexus LS.

Mark

Clovis CA