'96 And Newer Sc400 Tail Ligths In A '95 Sc400

K9crew

97 or newer right? anyway they fit right up but something with the harness is different so you get a tail lamp out light in your dash but you can just ignore it or pull out the bulb. dont know how to fix the harness problem because i didnt do that to mine yet but i want to. but my friend has done it and his car show that light.

jzz30,

Thanks for the info confirming that rear lights from a '97 and up will fit my '95 but I don't quite follow your comment about the wiring harness. Are you saying that the '95 wiring harness needs to be modified so that the bulb holders will fit the '97 and up light? Does this modification cause the in-dash bulb to come on? I'd appreciate some more help on this.

:)

jzz30,

thanks for the clarification but it doesn't make much sense. If all of the sockets fit and they're plugged in with functioning bulbs what could be different about the later model lights that cause the malfunction light on the dash to illuminate ... hmmmm.

Thanks for the help though.

:)

no everything jsut plugs in but something about the wiring isnt right or something and the tail lamp out  light in the dash lights up, but everything works fine. its just annoying to look at.

95 = 96, plugs for 95 - 00 are same. It is plug and play unlike the 92-94 which had different lighting layout. IMHO, 95-96 has the coolest tail lamp.

sorry, im going to make this quick with no care for grammar.

yes its possible, i have a set of tail lights chilling in a box in my room ready to go onto a car (not my car, not yet, its at the shop cause of accident =/)

but yea, all you need to do is take off the plastic trim where the trunk closes on, rip out some carpet (not literally rip, but you really gotta pull on them to get them off from the little yellow wierd plastic screws)

after the carpet is out of the way, there are 4 bolts per tail lights, feel around with your hands, you'll eventually get them. there are 2 parallel bolts and washers on each side of each tail light. after the bolts come off, there is a white connecter that is keeping the tail lights connected to the car (you gotta pull on these things real good, and some cursing might come out of your mouth :censored: )

after that just yank on the outside of the tail lights where you see the seal that is stuck to the car. after that everything is reverse, HAVE FUN GOOD LUCK!!!! :cheers:

no everything jsut plugs in but something about the wiring isnt right or something and the tail lamp out  light in the dash lights up, but everything works fine. its just annoying to look at.

95 = 96, plugs for 95 - 00 are same. It is plug and play unlike the 92-94 which had different lighting layout. IMHO, 95-96 has the coolest tail lamp.

slightdev, im going to have to disagree with you, the wiring harnesses of 95-96 are not the same as the ones from 97-00. on the 95 tails there are 3 tail lights, and on the 97-00 there are 2, not big difference but whatcha gonna do ;P

jk man, just letting you know.

jzz30, all you gotta do is get behind that cluster and take out the bulb :P