New Update On Thump

denslexusgx470

was the last post on this topic really may 31, 2005?

would think there would've been a post or two since then.

we've got a 2005 gx470

took delivery in august.

thump showed up within the first 2 weeks.

"polishing" process didn't fix anything

new drive shaft didn't fix anything

the service writer at palm bch lexus said lexus was working on a permanent fix but it had been 2 years to his understanding that lexus had been "working on it".

argh.

I've had my '05 at Lexus of Palm Beach 3 times for the clunk and we only have 13,000 miles on it. This '05 was a replacement vehicle for our '03 that had the same problem. We were told it was fixed in the '05 and we agreed to the buy back. Now I'm looking at lemon law to get out of this thing and into a quality vehicle that doesn't clunk at every stop.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I just recentl bought a brand new lexus gx 470. I found a thump or clunk at 400 miles. Im really disappointed with lexus. I didnt know this was an ongoing thing. If I would of known I wouldnt even thought about buying this vehicle. What can the dealer do with the car this new besides replacing a driveshaft. Nobody want their new car to be torn apart.

Hello I just recentl bought a brand new lexus gx 470. I found a thump or clunk at 400 miles. Im really disappointed with lexus. I didnt know this was an ongoing thing. If I would of known I wouldnt even thought about buying this vehicle. What can the dealer do with the car this new besides replacing a driveshaft. Nobody want their new car to be torn apart.

New drive shaft won't help. I've had three already. Each one lasts for a few thousand miles, then the thump comes right back.

I have had my 06 since December. Started to notice the "clunk" almost immediately. I bought the GX after trading my 03 RX 330 in for dash rattle and numerous driveline problems. When I made my initial inquiry, the Service Advisor told me that all 4 wheel drive vehicles exhibit the clunk?

Taking the vehicle in for 5000 mile service next week. I have not decided if I even want to begin this process again with Lexus, already been through something similiar with the 330. Love the dealership, salesmen, etc.. Not too happy with their vehicles. I think we all expect something for 50 or so K. I don't feel like I have it. Hopefully the fix from Lexus is still coming.