Es300 Clock Not Working...

kbakshi

• 2 years later...
Check the fuse for your clock; location of fuse should be mentioned in your owner's manual. If it seems OK, try to disconnect and reconnect the cable for your clock. This requires you to carefully pry out the center vent assy.

I have a 1997 ES300 as well, same problem but the power mirrors also don't work. I've seen several people post this problem, and no one has said if they have a solution. I checked the fuse for the clock, and it was fine.

Please let me know if anyone out there was able to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Matt

Turns out that it is a fuse, just not the one that the manual said it should be. There is a blue 15 amp fuse on the bottom right corner, this is the fuse that needs to be replaced to fix this problem. It is in the fuse box that is inside the car behind the coin holder.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Turns out that it is a fuse, just not the one that the manual said it should be. There is a blue 15 amp fuse on the bottom right corner, this is the fuse that needs to be replaced to fix this problem. It is in the fuse box that is inside the car behind the coin holder.

Matt

I have a 2000 ES300 with the clock, cig lighter, etc, out. I want to check out the appropriate fuse but cannot find the passenger cabin fuse box. If it is behind the coin holder, how do you get at it? Does the coin holder come out or is there some other access?

Matt

I have a 2000 ES300 with the clock, cig lighter, etc, out. I want to check out the appropriate fuse but cannot find the passenger cabin fuse box. If it is behind the coin holder, how do you get at it? Does the coin holder come out or is there some other access?

open the coin holder/compartment, and pull parallel to the dash a nice hard tug and it will pop out. don't worry it will not break.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

had the same problem. my clock went out and thanx to you all, fixed mine too! It was the fuse that amtrakmatt mentioned. Thank You all!

Where is the fuse that your talking about for the clock? My clock stopped working. I need to repair it any help who be great.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

95 es 300

I have a problem with my clock but its definitly not the fuse. I replaced the fuse and still have a "smeared" look to it. Cant read the time ever.. the radio back light is out too and i am going to replace it. but wont exactly replace the climate control for a clock if its not worth fixing. i really want to know if i should attempt to repair or leave it as is with ability to be functional.

• 4 months later...

Lexdem:

It's been a while since I did this, so please use your craftiness to determine if you need to change the order at all, or if I miss a step.

You can replace the clock without having to replace the climate control. I know that for sure. The entire dash console comes out in one piece, and each of the components attach to the back of it.

You will need to remove the black or wood grain trim on the console, which can be loosened and pulled up and off by prying with a small slot screwdriver near the corners. The rounded piece between the ashtray and climate control pops out also. Look for pry spots on the top edge of it. Then remove the 4 bolts that hold the dashgoard console in. You may have to pull out a cover piece first, by grasping the strip between the air ducts and the clock.

If you have questions, or run into problems - try emailing me at thebeachsideteam@cox.net.

If any of you use the ashtray for a coin holder, you might want to put a piece of sponge or other non-metal material in the hole for the cigarette lighter... if you've removed it. I found that the fuse Matt refers to above was blown, and replaced it. Then I proceeded to turn on the power and melt another fuse. It turns out there was a coin that fell into the hold for the lighter and was shorting the circuit. I removed the coin, put in another fuse and wah-la... problem fixed!

• 1 year later...

Hi

I just learned from all of you!!!

I fixed two problems I had.. The clock and the side mirrors.

The previous owner had the incorrect fuse size therefore neither the clock nor the mirrors worked.

I changed it to the correct size (15) and it started working!!!

This is the ashtray's fuse.

Thank you all.

• 2 months later...

Matt

Thanks Matt. I found the fuse and was able to replace and get the clock working again.

• 8 months later...

Thx for the tip. 98 ES300. Clock, side view mirrors, and charger were not working. Parts store said 7.5. I found and replaced the defective 15 amp fuse. Viola - problem solved.

• 5 months later...