A/c Display Is Dead.

Has it gone black or is it just blank?

If it's black, yo ucan replace the LCD.

If it's blank, it sounds like you may have blown the fuse for the system. It is the same one as for the cigarette lighter. Is your cigarette lighter working? If not, make sure there is nothing down inside it (like a coin) then replace the fuse.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Has it gone black or is it just blank?

If it's black, yo ucan replace the LCD.

If it's blank, it sounds like you may have blown the fuse for the system.  It is the same one as for the cigarette lighter.  Is your cigarette lighter working?  If not, make sure there is nothing down inside it (like a coin) then replace the fuse.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Wow, perfect timing. My screen went blank on the way home last night. At the same time, I went to plug in my phone and there was a nut down in the cig lighter, I have no idea where it came from. <_< So your post was a HUGE relief for me, I was wondering if something major was wrong with my AC. Screen is lit but blank, none of the buttons work.

QUESTION: Where is the fuse box, and how do I find the right one? May be a remedial question, but you could save me a ton of time, which is short these days.

Edit: NEVER MIND, just found a post from Dec 2003, detailing exactly where the fuse box and fuse are (2 down, 5 across, labeled on the box) :whistles: Thanks anyway.

Thanks a lot.

Sounds like you have 2 issues.

It sounds like the fuse is blown - that's why you cannot control anything. Check your cigarette lighter and see if it is working.

Your second issue is the part of the panel that is not lit up and the buttons that are not lit. This problem is burned out bulbs in the HVAC control head. Once the bulbs are replaced inside the unit you will be OK. I changed about 3 in my own car. While you have it apart you may as well change them all because it is a job to get it out and apart.

Tom