Intermitant Rubbing Sound When Driving

Wubbman

First off, how is everyone? Its been awhile since I've posted. I've been having this problem for quite awhile now, and I don't know what to make of it. When ever I'm going straight, I hear a "whomp whomp whomp" sound coming from the left front wheel area. I don't know whats causing it but I know its not the CV joints (I've checked and the boots are just fine). It has something to do with the wheel, as the rythum gets faster the faster I go. I'm pretty sure it started when I had the tires rotated a few months ago. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be and what I can do to stop it? Thanks.

In what condition are your tires? There could be slight "cupping" on the tread that could be causing this noise. I would try rotating the offending tire to the rear and see if you still hear this noise.

Hmmm.  Define "cupping?"  I think the tires are in good condition.  They were new when I got the car.  Theres a little over 13k miles on them.  I do my best to keep them aired up.  Could there be a problem w/ the wheel?

This will explain it better> http://www.kaltire.com/commercial/medium_t...res/cupping.php

Hmmm.  Define "cupping?"  I think the tires are in good condition.  They were new when I got the car.  Theres a little over 13k miles on them.  I do my best to keep them aired up.  Could there be a problem w/ the wheel?

This will explain it better> http://www.kaltire.com/commercial/medium_t...res/cupping.php

I know this explains about truck tires, but it's the same on a passenger car.