Seat Warmers

jim blazevich

I've had my new GX for a few wseeks now and it is the smoothest ride ever. A few small gliches and wondering if anyone else experiences them. The seat warmer never gets beyond warm. The dealer says it is designed that way to prevent damage tot he seat, but the RX 300 I traded in would cook on a cold day. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

i guess that's the way they want the heated seats for the Gx. yeah i noticed the difference this morning in the loaner 330 (gx in shop for clunk problem) and i had the switch half way, my a** was getting toasted!! :blink:

I've had my new GX for a few wseeks now and it is the smoothest ride ever. A few small gliches and wondering if anyone else experiences them.  The seat warmer never gets beyond warm.  The dealer says it is designed that way to prevent damage tot he seat, but the RX 300 I traded in would cook on a cold day.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Sounds normal. Mine just gets warm, never hot but then I live in Southern California, anytime the temps drops below 70 is cold. So my perceptions are skewed. LOL

ok, i duno about u guyz, but i finally got to use the seat heaters again (cuz winter rolled around fast this year) and they don't just get lukewarm, but fairly warmer than the explanation u guyz have said. probably not as warm as the Rx330's but warm enough for me! B) oh boy! :lol:

• 1 year later...

The seat heaters/warmers are inferior to the BMW....it is a shame. You would think that Lexus would be able to fix this. I had a Lexus SC400 that had the same issue. I thought it was because the car was older. Has anyone contacted Lexus about this? Is there an adjustment that can be made?

I've had the RX300, IS 300 and now the GX. Both the RX and the IS seat heaters were either "off" or "on" only. To that point the GX wins with the rotating switch that allows me to set the seat temp to what my "hiney" will bear.

The RX and IS seat heaters were "warmer" but not superior to the GX.

I vote that they are "just fine"

Holy Seat Heaters Batman!

normally I just trun the seat eharter on and then turn it down when it starts to get warm - without letting it get "uncomfortable"

This morning was different. I turned it on and left it on. It was 34 outside. Cold - OK, OK, NOT "really" cold, but cold enough on the leather seats and through my thin slacks.

So - the verdict? HOT! Too uncomfortable to really keep them on for any longer than I did. I don't remember it getting that HOT before (but I've only had my GX for 2 weeks).

Could it be possible that Lexus has developed a "double volume control" so that the colder it is outside, the hotter the temp at the same settingon the dial? It's not in the book....but there are a LOT of things that are NOT in the book.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a weekend in Sedona, AZ, were the low temp was in the teens. The seat warmers worked fine in my '06... nice and toasty. I did notice that the seat back, up through the lumbar support, got warm too. Had to turn the temp knob down to mid-way as full-tilt was too hot for me. I do wish these had a timer, though. My wife keeps leaving her seat on and I don't notice it until a day or two later when she hasn't been in the car.