Radio Went Nuts....

arabian

Just when you thought you'd seen it all.

I was driving and ,all of a sudden, my stereo goes nuts. No music, just bassy thuds and squeeks...... really loud.... to the point if I didn't turn it off the speakers and stock sub could have blown.

I should mention that my stereo's stock with a changer in the trunk.... no mods.

I'm assuming a cable got loose and it's touching metal, but I wanted to seek some help and knowledge from you guys before I start playing Mr. Fix-it and start taking things apart.

Thanks

....no ideas?  Anybody?  Bewler?........... Bewler?........... Bewler?.......

I have a 94 SC400 and I had a problem similar to yours for a few weeks. If you take out the trunk lining on the right side near the changer, you'll see a little whole, that vents to the rear wheel well. On mine the seal around the gromet that plugs the whole was almost totally gone, and the area underneath the changer was full of water. So I would say take out the lining and see if there's water, if there is dry the water, fill the hole (I just made to pieces of cardboard, put them over the hole on either side then filled the hole with silicone and removed the cardboard), and re-route the wires that run to the changer and amp. Hope that helps.

Signed....uhhh....Bewler!!!!

Well, I checked underneath the c.d changer and amp and all is o.k. I disconnected the amp thinking it may be the problem but when I checked the stereo, the front speakers were now giving off the bassy thuds and squeals.

Has anyone had this problem before? Could it be the unit? What to look for? Any ideas?

Much appreciated.....