Gx470 And Passenger Seat Power Lumbar Support

strindl

weird how they don't make it available to the LX470, when the LX is more expensive than the GX! :huh:

Toyota is such a strange company. I have a Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4. What I find really weird is that all the buttons and switches are backlite at night as well as the one AUTO button on the drivers side, but power door lock switch, passenger side switches and the power mirror switches are not backlite at night. Same thing goes for my parents 2004 4runner, no backlite switches but the truck has lighted cupholders at night. . Some of the cheapest cars that the world knows (Sunfire etc) will even backlight these switches but not Toyota. .

Another thing I find strange is that they have removed underhood lights from almost all Toyotas that I know of. I not sure about Lexus, maybe someone can let me know if there are underhood lights.

Another thing I find strange is that they have removed underhood lights from almost all Toyotas that I know of. I not sure about Lexus, maybe someone can let me know if there are underhood lights.

No underhood light on my 04 GX470. I had an 04 Cadillac CTS, and that didn't have one either. My 1994, and 1999 Corvettes both had them though.

i guess strindl is just one lucky guy. maybe they "mistakenly" placed it in his GX????

Yes his justb lucky :P :P :P .

I just drove home my GX470/9700G, 08/04 build loaded with evrything includes KDSS with MSRP of 53193.00 but the passanger side has no lumbar support. But in deed I can

see the lumbar support mark cut. My VIN#'s last 5 numbers are 60544

I just drove home my GX470/9700G, 08/04 build loaded with evrything includes KDSS with MSRP of 53193.00 but the passanger side has no lumbar support. But in deed I can

Mine has an 8/04 build date as well, but mine was built about a thousand units after yours. Mine is 61553 . They must have made the change sometime between yours and mine.

i guess strindl is just one lucky guy. maybe they "mistakenly" placed it in his GX????

Yes his justb lucky :P :P :P .

hmmm, that is very strange... <_<

• 2 weeks later...
I test drove a 2005 GX 470 at a "Taste of Lexus" event this past weekend.  The build date was 08/04 and they said it was an '05 model.  It did not have power lumbar support on the passengers seat.

Now that is really odd. Did it have the same 235 hp 4.7L engine, or a higher HP version?

I test drove a 2005 GX 470 at a "Taste of Lexus" event this past weekend.  The build date was 08/04 and they said it was an '05 model.  It did not have power lumbar support on the passengers seat.

No offense meant - but there is no way that was an 05 you drove - Lexus just started production in Tahara of the 2005 GX on 11/02/04 - I have had an order in for a month and just spoke with my dealer yesterday. All of the 05's have the vvti motor and gen 4 nav along with some other changes.

• 3 weeks later...
I have lumbar support on both seats  :D

vin# 65749 prod date 10/04

Ahh, you're the only other person who's posted that they have that passenger seat button. From what I've seen posted, it looks like they added it to production at about the 61000 number, for the final batch of 2004 models.

It's standard on the 2005's now too.

is the last 5 numbers on the VIN tell us what number build was our GX???

mine's : (back in da olden days)  ........04940

so does it mean mine was the 4940th built GX??

I believe so, and yours must have been an early model year build as well.

is the last 5 numbers on the VIN tell us what number build was our GX???

mine's : (back in da olden days)  ........04940

so does it mean mine was the 4940th built GX??

I believe so, and yours must have been an early model year build as well.

call me weird, but when i was getting my GX (back in da old days as they say it), I was always at the dealer everyday just to try to sit inside one. So i counted all the GX470s before me, and mine was the 6th one to be sold! but i'm surprised mine wasn't within the first 1000 built!

so always remember me as the one with the 6th GX sold (as of fresno,cal)

• 2 weeks later...
I did add the link with the picture of your passenger seat to my email reply.  Well, it won't be the first time the corporate right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing.  That's a sad commentary for sure.

I'd be real interested in what they have to say if they get back to you after seeing that picture.

Me too. No email response so far today :rolleyes:

I, too have that option & my wife was very happy finding that out. :D I picked up my '04 on the 19 November :cheers: and the dealership rcv'd that model on the 10 November. Hard to say if that would've been an end of the year addition. Very happy to join the few of you out there that do drive a "LEXUS".