Gx470 And Passenger Seat Power Lumbar Support

strindl

I've seen posts from GX owners mentioning the lack of a power lumbar support on the passengers seat. I just sat on the passengers side for the first time in mine yesterday, and much to my surprise, found that it HAS a power lumbar support. I felt the air bladder inflating against my lower back, just like the drivers seat does.

My passenger and drivers seats have indentical controls. Was this a late year model change? How many others have this?

could u post a pic of what the controls look at on ur passenger's seat?? i want lumbar support on mine!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I just snapped a picture of it in the garage. It's not the best, but the space is kinda tight on that side of the garage. The power lumbar control is clearly visible though, and it works good. :)

post-13057-1097461885_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm.  My truck is an "E" and doesn't have the passenger side power lumbar switch.

It does appear that Lexus listens to their customers, which is nice. I've read quite a few comments from owners wishing that their GX had the passenger side lumbar control, and Lexus must have seen those also.

I like the idea that Lexus will make improvements throughout the model year if they see a problem or a complaint from owners. They seem to have solved the 65 mph vibration problem and the driveline "thunk" as well.

My previous car was an 04 Cadillac CTS, and Cadillac evidently doesn't share the Lexus philosophy on improvements. The CTS came out in 2003, and many owners have reported a rear differential whine that occurs under load between 25 and 35 mph. My 2004 had it, and from what I am reading on the Cadilac Boards, so do the 2005's. They havn't addressed a fix for all of the dashboard rattles either. What a difference firing up my GX is from the CTS. My GX has absolutley no rattles at all on any surface.

I've seen posts from GX owners mentioning the lack of a power lumbar support on the passengers seat. I just sat on the passengers side for the first time in mine yesterday, and much to my surprise, found that it HAS a power lumbar support. I felt the air bladder inflating against my lower back, just like the drivers seat does.

My passenger and drivers seats have indentical controls. Was this a late year model change?  How many others have this?

Hello, would you mind telling us what build number your car is? I just took possession of mine and it is 9700G build but mine does not have lumbar control on passenger side. Perhaps it only comes on fully-loaded vehicles, what options do you have? (I have NAV/ML and rear spoiler w/accessory package)

Mine is a 9700G model also, with an 8/04 build date. The options listed on my window sticker are:

third row seat with rear A/C

Rear seat entertainment system

Navigation/Mark Levinson Package

Hitch bracket

Preferred accessory package (cargo mat,cargo net,wheel locks)

exhaust tip

tow hitch w ball mount

rear spoiler

the MSRP including shipping was $51,938

Mine is a 9700G model also, with an 8/04 build date. The options listed on my window sticker are:

third row seat with rear A/C

Rear seat entertainment system

Navigation/Mark Levinson Package

Hitch bracket

Preferred accessory package (cargo mat,cargo net,wheel locks)

exhaust tip

tow hitch w ball mount

rear spoiler

the MSRP including shipping was $51,938

Hmmm...maybe it is only on models with RES, since they were considered fully loaded (including those with KDSS) Can anyone out there verify this? :huh:

One more Hmmmmmm. I just received a reply from Corporate Lexus Customer Satisfaction, to my question asking when the passenger side power lumbar support was added. The response was that this feature is not available for the United States market.

Does page 114 of your Owner's Manual show "Adjusting lumbar support (Driver's seat only)" or does it show both driver and passenger seats?

One more Hmmmmmm.  I just received a reply from Corporate Lexus Customer Satisfaction, to my question asking when the passenger side power lumbar support was added.  The response was that this feature is not available for the United States market.

Does page 114 of your Owner's Manual show "Adjusting lumbar support (Driver's seat only)" or does it show both driver and passenger seats?

lol, I think you should email them the picture of mine WITH the passenger seat power lumbar support. :)

Page 114 of my owners manual has two pics. The one says "adjusting seat cushion angle and height (drivers seat only)", and the other side of the page has a pic labled "adjusting lumbar support". note..this pic shows a pic of just the drivers side seat, but it does not state "drivers side only" as the angle and height pic does.

I did add the link with the picture of your passenger seat to my email reply.  Well, it won't be the first time the corporate right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing.  That's a sad commentary for sure.

I'd be real interested in what they have to say if they get back to you after seeing that picture.

I did add the link with the picture of your passenger seat to my email reply.  Well, it won't be the first time the corporate right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing.  That's a sad commentary for sure.

I'd be real interested in what they have to say if they get back to you after seeing that picture.

Me too. No email response so far today :rolleyes:

if u guyz look really close at our passenger seat controls, there's like a little shadow on it, in which there is suppose to be the lumbar. i just noticed that when i took a pic of it the other day. the pic is in the Gx gallery here, the last pic in the gallery.

if u guyz look really close at our passenger seat controls, there's like a little shadow on it, in which there is suppose to be the lumbar. i just noticed that when i took a pic of it the other day. the pic is in the Gx gallery here, the last pic in the gallery.

I see it, that is really strange. They obviously put that cutout there to place the lumbar control on the seat.

I think it was a running change they made in the production run. The production number on mine, as shown on the VIN is 61,553. I think the change happened sometime about the 61,000 number, based on some other feedback I have received.

OK, Lexus production planning says the passenger lumbar support addition was part of a running production change starting in September.

so i'm guessing we can't install it in our Gx now?? :whistles:

From Lexus.com under the GX470 section/.

Multi-adjustable power front seats with power lumbar support

From Lexus.com under the LX470 section.

Multi-adjustable power front seats with driver's-side power lumbar support

weird how they don't make it available to the LX470, when the LX is more expensive than the GX! :huh: