Do I Have The Starter Solenoid Problem?

Hi,

I have a '97 ES with 75,000 miles on it. When ever I start the engine up when it's cold, or after it's had some time to cool off, it starts and runs fine. However, if I shut the car off for a minute and start it back up (the amount of time it takes to run into a store, grab something, and get back into the car) it stalls. To get the car to start when its warmed up, I have to rev it to almost 2k RPMs, then it lowers to idle and everything is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jake

I agree with Alan on the throttle body cleaning since the same occurrence happened to me in my '01 ES several months ago. It's esp. quite embarrassing to be stuck in the middle of a public parking lot with cars honking at you and all :o Anyway, I took the car to Toyota and they specially cleaned my dirty throttle body for an hour's worth of labor, and my car since then starts up and idles perfectly fine at all times.