1st-gen Cabin Filter

wucantstop

Hey all,

Can someone tell me where the a/c filter is in my '94 and how I go about checking it? Also, while I'm at it, I recently noticed a gasoline smell in the car on occasions when my driving is heavy on the acceleration. It's very faint, not the scary smell that would make me think it was a leak. I kind of think it's the charcoal filter or whatever it is that neutralizes the gas fumes. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and would you please let me know?

Hey all,

Can someone tell me where the a/c filter is in my '94 and how I go about checking it?  Also, while I'm at it, I recently noticed a gasoline smell in the car on occasions when my driving is heavy on the acceleration.  It's very faint, not the scary smell that would make me think it was a leak.  I kind of think it's the charcoal filter or whatever it is that neutralizes the gas fumes.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about and would you please let me know?

In my 1995 LS 400 the cabin a/c filter is located in the glove compartment. There is a small black panel that you pull up and then there's two white tabs (one on each side) that you must depress. Then pull down and forward on the filter to remove it.

poj69

Exhaust/gasoline smell under acceleration, especially uphill, is the result of having the cabin airflow exhauster port under the driver's side rear quarter panel. High air pressure under the car will force reverse flow.