Tow hitch and receiver

Hello, I just purchased a 2023 Lexus GX460. I need a tow hitch and receiver to pull a 28ft deck boat (6000lb).  HELP! I can not find one anywhere. I found a small receiver that can pull 5000lbs. Unfortunately thats too small. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I just put a hitch on my new 460 but the 5000 lb. hitch was enough for my needs, so that was easy and inexpensive. The wiring is already in place. I found this YouTube video which might help you. Good luck. 

I put the accessory hitch on my 2016. It was expensive in comparison but it’s rated at 6500# if the trailer has brakes. Don’t know if it also works on the 23 or not,check your dealer

• 5 months later...

Just ran my course on the free maintenance after purchase and I’m not paying for 750 front brake change so here I am…. First post.

I had been looking for one of these for my 2019 GX for over a year and had been putting it off for lack of need and that they were hard to find. Luck has it that they went up in price from around 275? To 575 by the time I purchased last week. Local stealership tried to charge me 725 so I bought from a kinder dealership since it was not much more than what I could find third party. I have not installed yet but it came in a Toyota box from a Lexus dealership (PT22860141). You might search for a Prado receiver which is the Toyota version of the 460 just not sold in the US. Maybe someone else could weigh in on that.

Anyways, when talking to the parts department there was apparently a much smaller version of the hitch that that had less mounting bolts but there had been some problems with failure (maybe just one dummy overloading) and now it’s a much bigger assembly piece, same as what is in that video. Makes sense why it was both hard to find fora bit and a price increase.

Edited by Utkbowen22